1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help for buying Punto 2011 model

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by kins.kunja, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I am from Duliajan, Assam. I am very new to this forum. Need help /advice for the following:

1. presently I own a Hyundai Eon Era+. I am planning to buy a March 2011 Punto Dynamic. Discount - 70K cash on the 2011 price, 7k corporate, insurance free. Total on road comes to about 5.20 lakhs which is almost 1 Lakh less than the 2012 Active (assuming 2011 dynamic=2012 active) version at my place.

2.Did thorough check of the car- body, engine, interiors, under body for rust etc. everything seems ok, except a/c was not working, for which they have refilled the Gas and its working fine now. Odometer was disconnected, reason being they sometimes take it to prospective customers (Not a Test Drive Vehicle as told by them). It had a reading of H- 125 Kms. Although they say the car has been driven around 300 Kms. Any means to confirm it? Please help. I checked and compared the tires with a new 2012 Punto. They both look the same. So couldn`t make out the difference.

Also took Test Drive thrice. Everything seems fine to me. They said battery is guaranteed from the date of purchase. If thats true, its fine for me.

3. Am I eligible for more discount as we are entering 2013 and it is a 2011 vehicle (2 years old new vehicle) LOL.
    4. Looking at the current news of hike in diesel price should I go for it?
    5. Should I wait for the Punto 2013? Or should I look for other options? As, somehow I have to get a new vehicle by April 2013.
    6. Most importantly, Fiat cars in Assam are available at 3 nos. of Tata dealers at Guwahati, Jorhat and Duliajan. Do you have any idea about upcoming Fiat centers in Assam. Because, assuming Fiat showroom comes in Guwahati, Guwahati is 11 Hrs from my place. And if the Tata Duliajan stops providing services from March I will be in a problem.

Looking for your valuable inputs please.
    And in case I go for the buy, what are the additional checks I should go for.

Regards.
    Kunja Mohan
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    hmm.. looks a bit suspicious about disconnecting ODO. You never can fully trust showroom folks.

To me it looks suspicious!! May be i am wrong. Lets wait for the experts!

Btw, welcome aboard.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hello Kunja Mohan,

Welcome aboard.

As for the Punto, by definition a test drive vehicle is one which is given freely to prospective customers. So, treat it as a TD vehicle. Also, who knows for how much the odo was disconnected.

I would suggest ordering a new Punto from the factory OR if at all you want to go for it, do not pay anything close to 5.2 lacs. I would consider something like 4 lacs. Because it is a two year old used car, not a new car.

Cheers.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Why on earth they disconnected it. Is it not cheating? :eek: Good to report to FIAT? What is some innocent customer who doesnt know about TFI but goes and buy it cuz he thinks its kinda cheaper.

I am sure there are people in this country who are just innocent and not a car geeks. I that case FIAT gets bad name. Yes this can happen in any vendor, but i am sorry with all the bad name FIAT already holds, it should not get any more.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is not making sense. I always thought disconnecting the ODO will result in the 'H' vanishing for ever. Hope the dealers have not found a way to circumvent that feature.

Tread carefully buddy. Please consider getting a newer model.

And yes, welcome to the family :D
    Rajan
  6. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI Kunja..

Yeah... I always thought so :thumbs down. In fact I trusted the 'H 82' when I got the car recently.:-?

Going back to the actual issue. Buying a 2011 model now especially from the dealers yard is surely a risky proposition as the history is not known. For the record, I did that just a month back (A June 2011 manufactured Linea Emotion pack). The offer on Linea was much better than that you have mentioned. Finally It was in the range of 1.6 lakhs for me and most part of it came directly came from Fiat if my understanding is correct. I am not sure about the offer on Punto, but I guess more than 70k should defenitely be possible.

I am not en expert and probably not completely educated about the pit falls too. I went with my gut feel (wasn't a TFI member at the time of purchase). I am happy with my purchase so far (touchwood), but please trust the Guru's here more than anything.
  7. Yes the Odo was disconnected. I kept a note of the reading on my first test ride. it was H-123..And on my second visit, when I saw the same reading, I told the ODO is disconnected and why is it so.. The sales person gave the justification that some times they take it to customers like me so they disconnected the ODO. Then they asked the mechanic to reconnected the Odo. On my 3rd visit the reading was H-138.. So it seems in the mean time they / some prospective buyer has driven few kilometers.. Bottom line is the "H" does not vanish and the dealers can use the vehicles with disconnected ODO and reconnect it once they want the vehicle to sell. Had I not noticed the reading or been unaware of the "H" they would have sold it to me saying car has driven only 123 KMs. Somehow the sales person looks truthful in his words. Am not sure perhaps all sales persons looks so..

What additional questions . checks should I go for to make sure the Punto is flawless..??
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Remember one thing it is a 2011 model which means ground clearance would not be same as 2012 model.
    Additionally post 2011 there have been few additional fittings into 2011 model like the CSC and the AC upgrade (petrol versions only).
    In case you are getting a very good discount for this car and you are also getting 2 years Fiat warranty + 2 years extended warranty for FREE. I would suggest take the car after a full detailed PDI. (As almost everything is covered in the first 2 years company warranty).
    If what the dealer is saying is true that the car has not been driven much in these 2 years then it is obvious that the car was standing at one place for an extensively long time. Such kind of treatment can have adverse affects on the tyres. In a tyre walla language.... "Aapka tyre GOL nahi hein"
  9. Honestly i feel the old 165mm ground clearance is better compared to the new increased GC..the car feels more planted in low GC setup...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The GC shouldn't be a deal breaker. If you feel the need, you can always order the GC upgrade kit... Only worry will be whether the A.S.S will do a proper job or not. Also, please factor in the approx 15k that you may have to spend on this while considering the deal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.