1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help Buying a used Linea

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kishoreinme, Oct 26, 2015.

1. kishoreinme

kishoreinme Timido

coimbatore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I am looking on a 2010 Fiat Linea emotion 1.3 MJD Pack in coimbatore.

Single owner , 38000 kms run, new tyres run 2k kms and new battery, Physical examination is good. Insurance just renewed.

I am waiting for more vehicle details to get service history from fiat.

Quoted 5 Lakhs. Is it a deal? How much can I negotiate more?
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    5 Lakhs for a 5 year old Linea is more, but the run is quite less. You may check old threads on similar topic. In my view, it should be ~4.5 Lakhs. Check it thoroughly. My friend bought 2012 MJD last year for around 6.5 Lakhs (if I recall correctly) with around similar run. Remember, the car is out of all warranties.
  3. kishoreinme

kishoreinme Timido

coimbatore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks Ravi,
    I have go the service history from fiat.
    two oil services at 9k and 19k kms
    lower arm of front suspension replaced in 2013
    one glow plug replaced
    AC gas refilled twice
    No insurance claims
    I have checked all used car evaluation sites. They quoted between 3.5 to 4.3
    This person says 4.5L
    Any pointers from this?
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I am not in a position to comment any further on the price, but some background info may help, such as why is the owner selling it and whereall he had taken the vehicle and also try to judge if he is a FIAT enthusiast. If you were in his position, what would you have asked as selling price? If all answers indicate positive things, 4.5 may be OK or try to bring him to 4.3. You may also try to learn the basis of the evaluation given on the sites and apply the same to your case.

May be other experienced members can advice!
  5. kishoreinme

kishoreinme Timido

coimbatore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks Ravi. He is a medical doctor and owns some more cars too of different brands. Used usually for his clinic and some some trips outside town for functions or pilgrimage visits.. Reason quoted is he used change his car every 5 years with new one. I don't think he is a FIAT enthusiast.

FIAT does not have regular oil service records after 19k kms in their records. The tyres and battery change is also not in their records. They say it may have been done outside.

Just general questions. How often is the AC gas refill required?

The wipers have the rubber gone according to him and I read somewhere that there is a demand for linea wipers and wiper change for someone with linea costed high as he had replace the motor itself.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    In my view, the vehicle may be good, but you need to get it checked thoroughly. Some senior members of this forum may give better advice. If you get it from a FIAT lover, you may be more sure about its condition. The given reason for change is not uncommon, I have heard that before.

In last 3.5 years, I never filled gas in AC, nor read about the same on this forum.

You may get advice on this deal from experts by writting to them. There are many from south India. Explore this forum further.
  7. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    Price is not reasonable for 5 plus years old linea multijet . Take it to the fiat service center for complete check up . You can fill car details on carwale.com on used car valuation report form and could get the price idea and then you could negotiate around that price.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 22, 2015 ---
    Price is not reasonable for 5 plus years old linea multijet . Take it to the fiat service center for complete check up . You can fill car details on carwale.com on used car valuation report form and could get the price idea and then you could negotiate around that price.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 22, 2015 ---