1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help a I.C.E Noob

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by ManUTDian, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi everyone,

To be very frank i have never given any sort of importance to ICE, one of the factors has been that i support 3 NGOs, that makes it tough for me to spend on luxury stuff. But now with nearly 3 years with OEM speakers, i am finding it extremely hard to retain my happiness while listening. SO i have decided to go for phase wise upgrade.

I am not a boom boom types, my requirements are fairly simple, a good and clear voice, bit of thump will do no harm :). I have few questions to ask from all the experts (I would not like to lose B&M functions so changing HU is not an option here and also Money allotted to phase 1 is 15k-20k ):

1) Since the upgrade will be in phases with no fixed time frame, What sort of speakers should i go for? If i go for a not so expensive ones,and while adding an amp & Sub later would it require different sort of speakers?

2) I have read it in here earlier that Emotion Pk is difficult to be Iced w.r.t adding amp. Is it still the case?

3) One of my friend told be to go for Sub with built in Amp, are these good ? or separate things are always best ?

and please write your suggested combinations keeping in mind that next phase would come after a long time and i would like to squeeze as much as possible in this phase.
  2. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

chennai
    you can try the jbl gto504z or the jbl gto804z amps . They have music turn on and they do not need remote turn on terminals .
    based on your requirements DLS , focal , hertz are good choices for front . rear the you can go in for jbl or pioneer or some cheap coax speakers .
    1 person likes this.
  3. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Thank you greatmana2000 for your reply. Please Kindly explain what are remote turn on terminals ?

and also what would be approx. price band for these amps and speakers ?

pardon my ignorance.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Anyone else with their help.
  4. greatmana2000

greatmana2000 Novizio

chennai
    The OEM HU does not have provision to connect an amplifier . An amplifier is connected directly to the battery . From the HU there is a positive lead which connects to the amp . The function of the lead is to turn on the amp or turn it off when the HU is switched on or off .
    The JBL GTO 504z amps turn on when there is a music signal and they do not need a HU switching signal lead . The JBL amp should cost you approx 11,000 on snapdeal . the speakers should cost you approx 6 k for components
    1 person likes this.