1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Help - 60k service and DISTORTED ALLOY WHEELS

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by harryaviator, Sep 6, 2015.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Just took my car for the 60k service at Hyson fiat, with issues as listed below
    1. Steering vibrations
    2. regular 60 k service with all fluid change
    3. issues with shock mount
    4. minor issues as in every other service

diagnosed issues

1. steering vibrations - took the car up on hoist, out of four alloys, 03 distortedand fourth wobbling mildly :(
    would really appreciate, if someone were to guide me on alloy dent removal- safe or not? And places where it can be done in Kochi. Really not in a position to sell out Vitamin M. also, from Mumbai and pune guys, Does Kava stock Aventura alloys and likely cost..the alloys on my car are 16" tJet alloys

2. regular 60 k service - the quote given was around 18k. just want a comparison with a few others who have it done

3.shockmounts need replacement. was getting slight 'tak/kat' noise whenever steering was turned either side. 1600/ shock mount:(

4. EGR cleaning, air intake cleaning(MAF, intake manifold and the whole shebang), intercooler flushing and minor issues as number plate lighting and all..

comments and ways to go about are more than welcome
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @harryaviator

Regarding the alloy repair, they can be done but it would not be to the factory finish. Distorted or damaged alloys can lead to tyre issues. If the alloys are beyond repair, would suggest to use the steel rims in the intermediate till you sort out the alloy cost issue. Tyre dealers are the best source to find out about the alloy repairs in Kochi.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    almost all of the dents are minor. even the guy at service centre said, it can be removed. not too worried about the finish as the dents are on the inner side. additionally, more than the appearance, would be really happy if I can get it balanced.