1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by omar1310, Jun 23, 2010.

1. omar1310

Hi! I am back. Its very nice to see this forum. I am a FIAT user for last 4 years. I am happy to see the new generation fiat forum. But, I suggest, we should also include Palio as well.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Welcome Omar to the Home of Fiat !!

And BTW that 52-point comarison between Linea & Honda City was too good :mrgreen:

Looking forward to interacting with a die-hard Fiat'er.

PS: Your query on Palio was answered earlier in some other topic. Our stance on not only Palio but earlier generation Fiat cars is very clear - we do not have anything against these cars. In fact, those cars were wonderful machines, set newer benchmarks in their segments & are well respected as a Product. There is a strong following also e.g. Palio has a big group with quite a few years vintage & is well represented. The other point is we want to look forward & do not want to discuss looking backward. Thats why Fiat owners (incl earlier cars) are free to join the forum & contribute towards relevent discussions. However, the older / discontinued models won't be the focus of dicussions e.g. we won't have a thread like "Fuel Pump issue in Palio"
  3. aarenes

Welcome Omar. Glad to have you here.

Vahanpujari - I dont own an older generation Fiat but I think as far as Petra/Palio is concerned, it may still help the owners discuss repair costs, parts availability etc on this forum. I think it merits their ownership.

I would suggest having a seperate forum section for this. Just my 2 cents.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Welcome to Team Fiat, Omar1310. I too have saved your pdf file containing comparison of Fiat Linea vs Honda City in my desktop.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Hi Omar,

Great to have you onboard!

The reason for leaving out Palio was that the car is currently being sold only in BS-III cities. What this indicates is that Fiat themselves are slowly phasing out the the Palio from our market. Their replacement for the Palio will be the new Uno and I strongly suspect that even if they launch the all new Palio here, they will surely not release it wit the the Palio name. Is it feasable to dedicate a sub-forum to a car that does about 10 to 50 units every month? Since Linea and Punto are selling in decent numbers, precious bandwidth can be used to focus on ownership expereinces on these new generation cars.

Of course, as and when Fiat launch their new cars - Uno and the Alto competitor - there will be sub-forums dedicated to these new cars as well. Yes, that includes the all new Palio too, if Fiat do launch it here.