1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello,

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by milanleo, Jun 23, 2015.

1. milanleo

milanleo Timido

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Hello,

My Linea 1.4 petrol Gear shift is stuck in 3rd and 4th gear. I am not able to move other then 3rd and 4th gear.
    Could someone please tell me what may be the issue.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi, have you considered taking it to FASS?;) Could be your clutch needs attention/replacement (likely if your car's say 3-4 years old by now), or your gear cables...or...

Take it to FASS, don't worry it should be diagnosed easily and correctly.

cheers
  3. milanleo

milanleo Timido

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks, I am not able to take the car out of Parking place because of narrow road and I need to put at least 5 times forward and back. Unfortunately, the reverse is not working ( only 3rd and 4th gear is able to apply ).
    I try contacting the local FASS but they are not ready to come and inspect the vehicle, instead they are asking me to tow..
    I did all sort of oil change in Dec-2014 in FASS but they did not mention any problem about my cluch or any other issue.
    I just want to know , is this common problem?
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Looks like one of the two Clutch cable has snapped. either near the gear shifter, or at the gearbox side.

try to get help from a local garage person. If he can manually engage the Gears 1,2 near the gearbox, you can then start the car and drive till the service.
  5. milanleo

milanleo Timido

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks for your reply Sajit :)
  6. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Have u found any solution so far?