1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by HHN, Apr 15, 2014.

1. HHN

HHN Timido

Mumbai
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and is requesting your guidance/expert opinion. I have been scanning pre-owned sedan market for last 4 months and finally shortlisted 2 cars – 1. VW Vento Diesel Comfortline (15000 kms driven, 2011 registered) for 5.7 lacs. & 2. Linea Tjet Emotion Petrol (1900 kms driven, Oct 2013 registered) 5.5 lacs. Both cars are in excellent condition. I am more keen on Linea for 2 reasons 1. Driving Comfort 2. Looks and also because is almost new (5 months old). I am a bit confused though; why will anyone sell new car and that too for less price (almost 40% discount over on-road price). I drove the car and drive is amazing; plus exterior and interior is spotless. I got my mechanic to check the car (he was doubting accident/spare part replacement) as the price is low. However, after careful inspection; he said the car is intact – no damage. I have checked the insurance papers and other documents it’s all in place. My dealer says the car is self registered under one of the fiat dealers and is selling to recover investment.

I am still confused, why is he selling the car at less price. I have to close the deal in next 2 days. Therefore request guidance from fellow TFiatians. Is there something I am missing here or this is a genuine deal.

Thanks,
    HHN

P.S. I was driving a Maruti 800 before and have very little knowledge about sedan’s or pre-owned market.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Firstly wrong thread my friend. Ask Mods to move this to pre sales query thread.

Secondly why do you have to doubt the integrity of the seller when you yourselves (along with the mechanic) have verified the car. The more you doubt the more chances of losing the deal. I think you must grab it with both arms:dancing. Just ensure that you verify the VIN details, the papers originality, Insurance docs, do a TFI PDI before final payment and you are ready to fly:redcar. This must be a distress sale, hence the low value quoted.

Waiting to hear the good news about the purchase and the forthcoming ownership thread:up
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Could this be demo car?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Simple solution, finalise the price first, go to RS Motors, Kandivali (fiat authorised service point). Pay them inspection charges. They will even show you the car's janam kundali or create one if need be. :lol:

Their no. is there on forum.

BTW, as Ghodlur said you really should embrace the car with both the arms. At 5.5lacs for a very low run and almost new Tjet, you are one very lucky person ! Dont let this deal slip away.

Sine04, the price is low even for a demo car. In that case it's even less a worry.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Go For Tjet and :dance:dance:dance.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Should be a demo car or was rejected by another customer.
    See also if it's a stolen car.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @HHN,

Can you update whether you went ahead with the deal or not?
  8. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Hi ,
    Please check service record , diesel car from 2011 with 15K on ODO makes me suspensions.I just remember this story , Someone brought Toyota corolla on 42 K KM on ODO at a very low price ( deal was so tempting that he even did not check service record )
    One month later he faced some small issues so he took vehicle to service station , he came to know there that last servicing was done at 80 K on ODO !!!
    Dealer can reset ODO reading so never trust dealer demo car with less no of KM on ODO.

Regarding Choice between two , i think Linea has one major advatnage here - Safety , trendline does not come with any safety feature.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bala, you are joking right. The chances of this happening or the car being totally legit are 50:50. Believe it or not, a similar aged very low run Punto 90bhp was sold at 4lacs+change. The guy is a member of TFI. This happens in Mumbai, don't know about other places. Sometimes one can get sheer lucky with deals (or not).