1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello to Fiat Owners

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by VIJAYKUMAR1, Feb 15, 2015.

1. VIJAYKUMAR1

VIJAYKUMAR1 Timido

NOIDA
    NOIDA
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hello to Fiat Owners,

Hello to all - I am a new Joinee and a young member in automotive Forum,

Myself Vijay- working in IT Company,although working in IT but still I am very far from online forum,recently thought to join and share my experience with you all,

I currently own Fiat 1.9D & Honda City,

Fiat 1.9 D a very tough to maintain car so i thought that i should share my know how and how i am maintaining the car,

For honda till now not much pain,but a fiat is a fiat,

Thinking of Buying a Punto evo,need your suggestions for the same should i but punto evo or avventura,

Shall be posting picture of my car as well and my ownership experience - that i have so far with Fiat,although i am not maintaining the car in fiat ass as have access to non authorised multibrand very good workshop,therefore thinking of buying Fiat Again,

See you......
    prabhjot and Mabams1826 like this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Vijay, please provide more details on your expected daily run, purpose of buying the car[off-roading or normal usage] for members to suggest appropriately.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think I know what you mean by 'tough to maintain' 1.9D. It has some common special issues (fuel pump, sensors), which if solved well, the car is super fun to drive. Infact one of the best NVH and accelerating vehicle with a big diesel displacement being a computer controlled direct injection (like plain MPFI), not common rail.

Believe me the FASC is much better and considerable reliability and sure shot problem solving is there these days for Fiat cars. Majorly due to very few major issues ever happening and also the fact that essential spares are majorly available and very competitively priced. If you want to buy an EVO, do get it serviced from FASC only since things are pretty different for the older gen palio-sienas, vs the newer gen Fiats diagnostics and service.

I would suggest an EVO 90hp if it fits budget, you will find a great combination of performance, FE, superior ride and drivability.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. VIJAYKUMAR1

VIJAYKUMAR1 Timido

NOIDA
    NOIDA
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks for the welcome,

Well my run in one year is approx 35,000 kms considering two cars that i have currently,i used to drive Fiat 1.9d and then city and now i am again back to Fiat,

Nothing comes close when it comes to ruggedness when you talk about fiat,

@asimpleson: yes fass is ok but i have recently found very good after market big showroom and service centre who specialize in Fiat's and i am happy with their commitment & that a reason i am now back on Fiat,service centre cannot be compared to them as they are much more committed to your fiat than any service centre in NCR,

Shall be posting my car photos.

Thinking of Evo as a good option,i believe i should go for top end version.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @VIJAYKUMAR1

Hi, Welcome, man.

Very glad to hear that you're considering the new Fiats despite the usual love-hate that old Palio/Sienna owners often have, because of spares and ASS hassles, now overcome, as @asimpleson said, with the new FASS centres, though, some FASS centres in Delhi Ncr are much better than others.

Do post more experiences. I am personally interested to hear more about this multi-brand service centre you say is excellent. Mahindra First Choice Noida? btw, the ASS scene here in Gurgaon is strange: the dealer FASS is ordinary, but the other FASS, DRS Gurgaon (their dealership is in Faridabad) is proving to be excellent, time after time (our family has 3 Fiats currently).

The Evo is excellent, brilliant value too (of the best sorts), but do TD the Avventura mjd carefully, it too is great value I feel for highway and 'long tour' driving on desi roads, and looks even more interesting with its Cross aesthetics added to the Punto's basically sharp, pointed, sporty shape/proportions.

cheers, hope to hear more from you here!
  6. VIJAYKUMAR1

VIJAYKUMAR1 Timido

NOIDA
    NOIDA
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi @prabhajot,

Thanks for your response brother,i do understand that FASS is improving,

But i am done with them already,and very happy with the service multibrand set up that i now go in,well they are much more committed,shall try to get some pictures and would soon post a review so that it helps other members as well,its not mahindra,the name is World of Service - not sure if they have a website currently or not,but the place is worth it,did saw many cars from other forums as well there,shall try to click some pictures when i go for the next time may be this wednesday or thursday shall try lets see,

Regarding my choice as per my family - they have started to like Avventura alot so i feel we would go for avventura,rest i am going to the dealer during the week shall be doing a test drive and would try to decide the final car for us

Thank you for your suggestions brothers
    prabhjot likes this.