1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello to All from a Would- be Puntoian !!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by anrad73, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sufficient bass and treble is delivered from my set. Me too not the kind of person who keeps the sound so loud that the others on the road enjoy my music too (I am selfish :up ). For the 1st 2 days after installation I used to keep the volume at 20 for some songs, later settled down to 12, now I am hovering around 6 to 8. No rattles/distortion for all these ranges. I had a set of oval Pioneers in my previous car which did a good job, but that was along with a sub, so I am not sure if without sub it meets your needs. Based on the research done by me Polk, Hertz and few others are top end competitors while Sony, Pioneer, etc are entry level competitors. So there is definitely going to be a difference between a lower top end and a higher low end speakers. Sony definitely is not good because I have heard Sony ovals in 2 of my friends car and was absolutely flat. There were no way I could audition all these and just went by the reviews available online. At the end of the day auditioning is the only way you can find the right speakers for your ears. I have bought these with bill and 1 year replacement warranty. Installation is free everywhere.
  2. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    I was promised a PDI on Saturday (8.10.10) and that Saturday has got dragged on to Tuesday (12.10.10) and there is still no sign of my Vehicle.

At this rate, I think I will not be able to get my vehicle registered by Dassera which is on Sunday (17.10.10).

It is really disappointing to see the wait getting longer day by day :cry: Moreover, Fortune Cars @ Thane is not even able to tell me the status of my car !! It's not that the Car has to be imported from Italy and has to be cleared from Customs or something, its just checking up with FIAT India when the truck carrying the vehicles will reach Nerul and even that confirmation is taking so much of time.

If the vehicle is not available today for PDI then I will not be getting it by Sunday since the RTO takes atleast 3 days for the vehicle registration.

I am highly disappointed :cry:
  3. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Guess What !!! I just got a call from Fortune that my allotted vehicle has just landed up at the Panvel Yard and will be available for the PDI tomorrow :clap
  4. Hey congrats, so finally you are getting your car on the day you wanted. Just make sure you do a thorough PDI in the morning or afternoon not evenings when light is low, also make sure you get delivery during day time so you can check any scratches etc got after your PDI. With the way these maniacs drive our beloved cars in their yards make you cringe.Some months back i saw a brand new Linea ripped by dealer driver on it's way from yard to dealership.
  5. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Yes. I have fixed the PDI at 11:30 am today.

Will update once I am back.
  6. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Just back from the PDI @ Fortune Cars, Nerul.

As the vehicle was just driven down from Panvel in the morning today, it was a bit dusty but after a good wash , probably it will look much better.

Some of the pictures for you although it was from my Mobile Camera and hence not that great.

I also took a short drive on the vehicle. The guys had no hesitation in offering me one and immediately agreed when I asked. I noticed a very slight pull towards the left after driving 1/4 km. It's not alarming though and hopefully should be alright once the Wheel alignments and Tyre pressures are set right.

I have been assured that the Vehicle should be with me by Saturday evening. Can't wait to get my hands on this :dance

DSC00286.JPG

DSC00288.JPG

DSC00287.JPG
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Yes. You are right.

Sorry for the mistake from my side.

The reason for my confusion, there is no INZ. It's GNZ for July, HNZ for Aug. and JNZ for September. :confused
  9. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    There is a small protrusion on the centre of the dashboard located very close to the windscreen. What is this ? Has this got to do something with sensor for determining the Speed of the Wipers based on vehicle speed?
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Mr. Anand. :clapping
    The thing you are talking about is the sunlight sensor. It gathers info on the amount of sunlight.
    Outside temp. sensor is located on the under surface of the left ORVM.
    Internal temp. sensor is located on the Auto Climate Control panel on center console.
    You did the right thing by re-setting the odo to zero and having a test drive of the car after checking the VIN ::T