1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello to All from a Would- be Puntoian !!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by anrad73, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore
    I seem to have developed a liking towards the stock speakers and the system..

Oh and if you have a Punto... you should be called Punter :)
  2. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Thanks Paddleshifter...U have made me feel comfortable after your post.

BTW, I also hear a lot about the current OE tyres from GY not upto the mark as well..Lots of noise generation on Dry and wet roads.

What is your take on this?
  3. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    @ Skywalker , Punter gives a different meaning when u say it in Hindi ::D you know what I mean !! Punter also means a person who is into Betting , which I am not into. So I coined the word "Puntoian" !! How's that ?
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Welcome to TFI, anrad73. Congratulations and best wishes on your booking a Punto 90 HP. I know, you will be very anxious during this waiting period.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    About the stock tyres and the road noise and grip. I do not have experience with various tyre brands.
    I've driven M800 only prior to this with Ceat tyres for 2 years, with front windows fully rolled down. And those Ceat tyres were non-radial with tubes, around 105/90 R12(comparative) as compared to 195/60 R15 tubeless radials I now use. Maybe I'm used to much higher road noise and much lesser road grip.
    I drive with windows rolled up, AC and music on. This may be one reason that I do not find them noisy. Lets see if I hear it in winters.
    Here, I don't want to recommend anything. Guys with more experience can help.
  6. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Hai Anrad73,

Welcome to TFI. Before registration of car make a PDI. Detials of the PDI are in the link.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=255
  7. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    @ Naren64,

Is Fortune Cars obliged to offer the car for a TD for checking out the pulling issue / mechanical problems, when I visit them for carrying out a PDI ?

This is because the vehicle is neither registered nor insured at this point in time and it is a big risk if it meets with an accident.

What has been the experience in your case and all the others who are already owning a PUNTO?
  8. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Why not, just try a TD on road near Fortune Cars. Explain to him the detials of the car pulling to the left & hence the TD, or ask him if it is possible for you to drive the vehicle to the registration office. Check with Insurance if the temporary insurance can be made for the Car.
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @anrad73 : I have recently upgraded my stock speakers as below:
    HERTZ - DSK 165 components for front
    HERTZ - DCX165 coaxials for rear
    Have a look at this thread for the details on why I went for this set : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=623
  10. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Thanks, Pran.

I am not the Loud Music kind of guy but the Music system should be able to give proper sound ( Bass/Treble ) and the sound should not rattle/distort at sufficiently high volumes.

Will HERTZ speakers suffice the job ? Or should I just make do with Pioneers ?