1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello TFi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RaviInTfi, Nov 13, 2015.

1. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hello to all TFi members,

I am Ravishankar from Banaglore. I presently work for Mercedes-Benz R&D India and have been driving a Palio 1.2 ELX which I brought second hand in 2006. Covered 60K so far. Didn't feel the need to upgrade till now ;). But in view of better products from the FIAT stable, looking out again. So needed some advice from experts around here. Will keep you updated!
    Turbothinghy, prabhjot and Raaz like this.
  2. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Welcome on-board Ravi Shankar. My self also having a Palio, but a diesel one i.e. D 1.9 which is awesome engine too. :)

Am not expert, But If you have budget enough, you may go for Abarth Punto which could be great upgrade for a petrol head like you.

However, Sure, you can get the best help in this awesome forum.

Wish you best. :)
  3. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks @Raaz.. Abarth is out of my budget at the moment, so am looking at a used Punto 1.4.. :).. Am sure to get lots of help in this forum..
    Raaz likes this.
  4. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    IMO, Palio 1.6 is better than Punto 1.4. Purely my personal opinion.

Moreover, you get 1.6 at much cheaper price than 1.4.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @RaviInTfi, You can look at Punto 1.4 or Linea Tjet. Both are good and for used car you could have great value advantages for both.
    @Raaz, Palio 1.6 stile or GTX is good no doubt. But spares availability for major overhaul or accidents and even more pricing and the fact that they are aging; not a great decision unless you want it as an enthusiast second car for commute.
    Turbothinghy and Raaz like this.
  6. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @asimpleson, you hit then nail on the head. Palio 1.6 is no doubt the purist's car. However the availability and cost of Palio spares would be in question since it is no longer in production. More importantly I think the Punto offers modern age safety features which could prove invaluable! So to bridge the gap, a remap of the 1.4 should do the trick ;).
    Raaz likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Remaps on NA engines don't provide much gains. A properly run in Punto 1.4 would already be great to drive. And the best part of the 1.4 is that its pure music for your ears at higher RPMs.If you want more power please look for Linea T-Jet as well, you might get a good deal :)
    Raaz likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @RaviInTfi, you should contact Tune-o-Tronics for remap options later. They have a good philosophy of running safe and smoke free remaps with adequate performance gains. You could benefit lesser gear shifts and better economy in city. I wouldn't discount on 1.4 Fire remap abilities without asking them about it.

Also we have a TFIan who has recently remapped his Tjet from Tune-O-Tronics and its already a fun to drive car, so imagine what happened after remap.
  9. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    True. NA Engines without additional tricks like VVT cannot produce higher torque/power. However, I am kind of optimistic that 100bhp can be extracted from the 1.4 since its has the required displacement and valve setup (16V). Doubtful of the 1.2 though since it does not have the displacement advantage. An used T-Jet is still the best option as noted..

Thanks. Option taken in for remap :)