1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello Team Fiat!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by D Ghosh, Feb 6, 2015.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. D Ghosh

D Ghosh Timido

Nasirabad, Ajmer
    Ajmer
    Fiat Enthusiast
    HI folks

Thanks @prabhjot @pabhishek and all others for helping me in decision making. I believe I owe a lot to the amount of info shared on this forum.

I have gone ahead and booked the T jet Emotion, TW and am being told that the expected time for delivery will be 1.5 months, as Fiat had not been making petrol cars, only diesel this year till now. This info as I am sharing is from ABS Fiat, Jaipur.

Is that a normal thing to expect?

Now, how do I deal with the fact that another dealer, Santosh Garage Jaipur, says car will be available in 15 days?

I believe this waiting period is the most tense phase for any car buyer..

Looking forward to your inputs

Thanks.
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @D Ghosh, it will be nice if you can suggest the procedures for future armed forces personnel for whom the booking could be availed via CSD route.

As far as delivery times is concerned, it depends on the dealer too. Some dealers have channels via which they can get a car, others simply wait for Fiat to deliver since they lack stocks. To simplify matters please ask ABS Fiat to deliver in 15 days (or arrange at a sooner date), and tell them that other dealers are able to provide in same period.

Can you be sure that Santosh Garage can INDEED deliver in 15 days? You must need to get this confirmed via email or written assurance. Some dealers do overcommit.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Always welcome @D Ghosh sir, do check as @asimpleson has quoted. But whatever you do , don't pay entire amount at any of the dealer, unless you get to see your vehicle and vin has been quoted/matched.
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @D Ghosh ji, congrats on booking the gem of a car! Do make sure to check the VIN to know whether you are getting the 2014 manufactured car or the 2015 one. There's a lot of price difference here.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. D Ghosh

D Ghosh Timido

Nasirabad, Ajmer
    Ajmer
    Fiat Enthusiast
    HI @Saket Sidana ,thanks. Yes I most certainly shall. I am told by the dealers in Jaipur that 2014 stocks hv been cleared. So only 2015 models are available. It shall be a while before the VIN is made available. The order has just been placed and it shall be a month perhaps before any more info is provided by the dealers....
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @D Ghosh, not to rush matters here, but please try your level best to communicate these matters or ask for replies via email. You will end up saving time and agony later if dealer fails to act properly, in which case you get a proper timeline via a communication trail for Fiat to investigate delays if any. Besides the sooner you involve Fiat for sales queries the better your chances of receiving a vehicle in time and having an overall fuss-free experience.
    D Ghosh likes this.