1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello Team Fiat!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by D Ghosh, Feb 6, 2015.

1. D Ghosh

D Ghosh Timido

Nasirabad, Ajmer
    Ajmer
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi, I am a doctor serving with the Indian Army, presently at Nasirabad, Ajmer. I had been thinking of buying sedan and test drove the new Linea once. Both me and my family liked the car. However, there is a general feedback that I am receiving from the environment... why FIAT!! Also, considering the reputation for poor after sales support, shall it be a wise choice?

I am looking forward to you guys helping me out.

I shall opt for the T jet when I do.

Thanks
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to the forum Sir!!

The doubt you have put up is nothing new, we all got same reaction when we chose Fiat.
    Poor after sales is more of a perception; just check whether you have FASS in your place or not. If yes, how many(most probably, it will be 1).

Visit them during your test ride and check for yourself. FIAT make beautiful, safe and sturdy cars. Their warranty and support are also one of the best in the industry, plus spares are cheaper too.

Hope you Buy the Jet. All the best.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi, Dr. Ghosh.

@pabhishek has stated it well, and true.

The car's a beauty, any which way. The perceptions about Fiat ASS are encrusted from the past, and don't/shouldn't have a bearing on the FASS scene nowadays, not that every service experience of every Fiat owner at every ASS centre is perfect...but as you might have noticed if you've perused ownership threads here on TFi, things are on average pretty good, and much improved, esp warranty support, spares avalability and prices. Fiat India are pretty responsive too to complaints.

Dealers are sometimes on the 'so-so' side in the efficiency of their processes, but that imo is understandable given their smallish scale of operations.

The Linea, mjd even but especially the t-jet, offers at least 3-5 lakhs worth of automotive 'values' more than its competitors, imo. It is a d-segment car at c-segment prices. It competes successfully head-to-head against the Corolla, the Civic, the Fluence, the Jetta etc in some of the countries it is offered in.

It also has a very low cost-of-ownership. i.e., it pays you back with huge interest for the only possible reason (in India) to not buy one: so-called resale 'value'.

Just very 'worth it!': in price, quality, reliability, toughness, GC, power, safety, equipment, comfort, driving ease and pleasure, etc

btw, am a thoroughly delighted owner of a new Linea T-jet Sunbeam Gold Emotion (Gurgaon), and have owned Fiats before it too, have seen the marked and large improvement in ASS.

cheers, hope that was useful. Keep updating/questioning, if you will?
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Dr.Ghosh,heartiest welcome to TFI.I cannot tell much about T-jet(just took a short test drive once).But the ass issues as told to you by some people(all probability most of them are non FIAT owners) is more about perception from the past rather than the reality today.In most cities FASS is really improved now.And there is not any problem related to spares availability.Go ahead if you like the car.

In case you have missed this one;this is the experience of a new tjet owner,
    Murali V(a TFI-an)---

"Hi...after a lot of research and reading every possible thread on the internet, I decided that I should go in for a Linea T-Jet which I took delivery of on January 15th. Almost immediately on 24th I made the Mumbai - Hyderabad trip and returned on January 26th. So in a span of 3 days got to drive around 1800 KM. The overall experience was everything one was told to expect by the experts in Team Fiat as well as Team BHP. I am really thankful to each one of you in this forum who made my decision to go for the T Jet that much easier. The ride was fantastic except for bad roads in the Solapur - Hyderabad - Solapur sector.. but even in these roads the car did extremely well in handling the craters and pot holes making life inside the cabin safe and comfortable. The air-conditioning was excellent which I used throughout the trip and overall the performance was exemplary. I have been wanting to share my experience with the T Jet since I came back from the trip but got the time today. Hope to enjoy such long rides with the lovely T-Jet in time to come. Thanks once again for all the inputs posted in this forum which led me to buy this beautiful car."

Hope this will help.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    PradeepM, asimpleson, limraj and 3 others like this.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to teamfiat, Sir.
    I had the same reservations as you had, but opted for the TJet. It's the most rocking car you can get at this price, complete with safety features and an amazing drive. Take the extended warranty package for peace of mind.
    I have had TJet-Emotion Magnesio Grey for around 4 months+ now and enjoying every inch of it. Do read my experience, link mentioned in my signature below. I have found that their service is improving and they offer exceptional support. I had a slight niggle[brake noise] and Fiat/dealer responded to it swiftly and without any fuss at all. As Fiat says, "If you still like driving, we're still ahead." It's true in every sense of the word for TJET. Take an extended test drive and let us know of your decision.

I searched fiat-india website but it doesn't mention any service center or dealer at Ajmer. Not sure if web site is not updated or they really don't have a dealership there. Since you took a test drive, I am assuming that you did it through one of their dealerships in Ajmer.

On a lighter note, you are asking from Fiat fanatics/enthusiasts on Linea TJet. you would only get a reply to go for it. ;)

Do notice the excitement other members get when they hear about someone opting for TJet. Replies to your post is a testimony to that.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Always a warm welcome and regards to a person from any national security forces, such as yourself. Who better to know about human lives and safety than a doctor himself..! :)

The T-jet has been one of the best cars Fiat India has produced matching or surpassing even the MJD Linea, which is yet another all-rounder package in todays car market. The ride quality, stability, the great and precise steering and steering feedback, the quality (tough) sheet metal, the excellent crash safety and add to that the Euro quality feel of the car; you will be hard-pressed to find a more better car for both small and long distance journeys esp. in petrol segment. As you drive it more, you will realize how good these cars feel esp. as they gain speed/momentum. The engine transmission is well mated to give that extra performance without ruining the Fuel efficiency that is necessary for the long highway drives. Hope they offer it via CSD.

You really have to own a (a modern day) Fiat to allow it to change your perception about them with their many positives and also about what sturdiness in cars should be about.
  7. D Ghosh

D Ghosh Timido

Nasirabad, Ajmer
    Ajmer
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks Prabhjot & Pabhishek for the inputs and other for the encouragement. I think it shall be a bold decision but hopefully a good one to carry through all the way. I see most of us here are from Pune, chennai etc. Does anybody have a feedback about ABS Fiat Showroom or Santosh Garage in Jaipur? If u can help me out it wud be great. Thanks again for all the help..
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Looks like one isolated incident in that thread mentioned above. The user does not seem to have updated it or was unable to for unknown reasons. @D Ghosh be rest assured that Fiat does not entertain this non-sense from any of its dealers and in past dealerships have been canceled by the company due to customer service issues, a lesser known fact.

Besides I have seen in couple of cases how well they treat military background personnel, they are extra alert.
    Dr Nitin Dutta, D Ghosh and prabhjot like this.
  10. D Ghosh

D Ghosh Timido

Nasirabad, Ajmer
    Ajmer
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Guys... now here is an issue I want to share. Hope anyone who knows can help me out.
    I intend to buy my fiat linea through CSD but with most dealers, the prices of 2015 models are not available. Do any of have any info regarding the same?
    Thanks for your help...