1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello Mr Death! .......My Linea Accident

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by Sumitr, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Sumitr

Sumitr Timido

Pune
    My Fiat Linea Emotion (Model 11/2009) unfortunately was gone through an accident on December 9th 2012 near Gondavale,Satara(Maharashtra),which was struck by truck from left rear,fortunately me,my wife and two year old daughter survived from that terrible experience without single scratch,considering car damage (Photo Attached) this seems miracle for us and we thank god for this!.Mr.Death was infront of us,we said "Hello Mr Death!",He smiled and left us intact!.

I was wearing seat belts and that saved us a lot,also seems that Linea body is very tough!.

My frustration has started now since i submitted my vehicle on same day of accident to Pandit Auto,Shahu College,Pune Branch the review/survey was immediately carried out by HDFC Ergo on very next day within 6 hours of intimation,but my service adviser @ pandit has told them and me that it will take at least week to get estimate!,Roughly he has told 2.5L :-( don't know how much i will get from insurance company considering depreciation thing!.most frustrating is waiting period of estimate and repair time (Dont know why they take such long time),i am really missing my Linea........

Lets see how it goes as seen very bad reviews about this service center and my service adviser on net! (Link Below).But my previous normal routine service visits are ok in last 2 years.

FIAT LINEA / Pandit Auto (TATA) - FIAT LINEA- POST REPAIR CHALLENGES

091220122969.jpg
    091220122965.jpg
    091220122966.jpg
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Firstly, great to hear that all of you are fine. That's the most important thing!

It must've been a horrific collision to tear the Linea's body apart like that - even the alloy wheel is a goner. Regarding Pandit Auto, if your experience goes well, other reviews shouldn't matter.

It's quite a major repair job and will take some time mate.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank God all of you are safe. Hope you will get her back to her past glory soon.

Rajan
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Happy to hear that you all are safe. The body damage they estimate the electrical and all so it take a bit time but hope you get your beauty in the same charm soon. The reviews always doesn't matter but your personal experience with the TASS/TASC matters. If you feel that Pandit Auto is ok, just ignore the reviews and get the things done.
  5. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    That looks like BIG accident! Glad every one is safe. But get a check up for whiplash injuries anyway.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank god you all are fine and safe.
    Sorry to hear about the car and the accident,
    Hope you get out of this mess soon. :)
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    From what the pictures tell, it is a terrible accident. Happy to hear that you all are safe.
  8. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Good to know that You and family are safe! I saw your linea being towed away near nal stop, pune in the evening that day! I remember telling my wife how the cabin still seems to be intact! Pandit should be decent else you could try millennium service centre. Hope you get your linea soon.

MODS NOTE - Kindly have a read of : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/announcements/4679-request-when-quoting-posts.html
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Happy to hear that you all are safe. That was indeed a bad accident. The internal damages would be quite substantial. As Gurjinder said, it's quite a major repair job and will take some time.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Happy to know that all are safe. Just forget about rest of the things and thank Fiat for building such a wonderful car.