1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello Linea !

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Cubbie, Apr 24, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    They have a regular wax, a polish that will be applied with the polishing machine and the rubbing compound. The regular wax or the sealant will help in keep the clear coat in top notch condition. One may feel free to check out my car which has the sealant done on the 2nd day after purchase and even after a few dry wipes the swirl marks are not that evident and I can happily stretch for another 6 months before i look at getting rid of the swirl marks.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    1st Road Trip

As stated in my earlier post, made a quick gateaway (litterly, me and Linea, no wife :eek:) to Hubli.
    Hubli is 425 off kms from Bangalore towards Maharashtra. This is a imp city in terms of Trade connection between south and North as PB road Pune- bangalore road or NH 4 passes via this town.

Started early, 6.30am ish, odo was just below 480 odd kms all driven in city.

With just 1 km drive to Nice toll road from my flat anf engine was bit sluggish as the engine heat up process was still ongoing, after 5-6kms of drive below 2000 rpm, the engine started to behave as the operating temperature had reached.

the odo added some 30 kms, took an exit at Tumkur exit and used the NH4 the avg fuel was showing 22kmpl..first time i got to witness this and was thrilled !!

then on the journey was pleasant all the way to Hubli, reached by 12.45 noon at the hotel and checked in.

Experience : Driving near Davangere bypass, The ABS unavailable error poped up and i was bit upset.
    next morning, headed to Manickbag, Fiat Dealer in Hubli and got the issue fixed.

pickup is good in 2nd gear, although 3 and 4 gear offers better drivability and 5th is a lessing to cruise on the highways.

Pot holes never mattered, small rattling from back and definite irritant durning non music or low volume drive part of the journey.. Wondering if this issue popped up during seat upholstery change?

otherwise, the steering, gear shift, clutch is lot smoother than my previous GP and a joy to drive this car

return journey, was normal, around Tumkur, saw a red Punto definitely MJD speeding up, with lot of black smoke, accompanied it (trailed it) till Nice road and the driver stopped for some reason mid way, it had Team B stickers on its bumper.

Some snaps for your likes :
    abs error being rectified at Manickbag and my odo showing 1300 kms and efficiency of 20kmpl for hubli trip overall

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Very happy to read about how you mentioned Hubli city and its role in karnataka and Fiat dealer Manickbag..Fiat dealer manickbag have some expert Fiat workers and expert service advisors like mr.sangli who's a fiat fan,mr.kiran who takes good care of our car and listens to our problems unlike Aadya motors,Bangalore which dont even have service advisors..Once our car's ABS wire connection was disconnected wen i went on a breaker which i hadnt seen very quickly..my dad got feared that ABS is gone..But wen we bought our car to Manickbag they soon rectified the problem,,they had a fiat scanner which showed that abs wire was disconnected.. and within 10 minutes the car was handed to us..Seriously no problems with this dealer..service experience has been always great with them..Hey cubbie who was the service advisor ther??and who rectified ur problem??
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    It was Kiran I think, very helpful and knowledgable person., he offered to test drive the car post repairs, which assures about the quality of servicing., when i mentioned about earlier diagonisis in Aadhya., what amazed me was he was specific to the point (to check under the abs sensor cable under rear seat)..

Aadhya do have SA's, just that the volume of cars to be serviced is too many and only 1-2 SA's currently, but i am promised that things wud improve going fwd.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Ya he's very expert in handling fiat cars problems..k but nkrishnap had said that there are no SA's at Aadya..lets see if things improve or same attitude continues..fingers crossed..
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Nadeem, you have completely mistook my post. Aadya does have Service Advisors, but none are well versed with Fiats. I hope the statement is made clear now.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    oh k..i mistook ur post..sorry..
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    2nd Road Trip- Blr-Mysore-himavad Gopalswamy hill- BR Hills-kanakapura-Blr

Just returned from 860 kms road trip.

Detailed writeup will come soon, few snaps for your likes.

Odo is at approx 2350 kms. / Overall avg. milage 16.6kmpl

Spotted : Indian Gaurs, Langur(black faced monkey), Malabar Squirrel, Barking Deer, Spotted Deer,Wild Boar, tamed tuskers, various birds.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Was the location Valparai?
  10. Cubbie