1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello Guys

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sethivaneet, Sep 21, 2010.

1. sethivaneet

sethivaneet

New Delhi
    This is Vaneet from Delhi. I am a newbie into the world of cars :) I am planning to buy my first car and just fell in love with Punto, though worried about TATA-FIAT ASS :)
  2. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Vaneet,
    Welcome to TFI.
    You have made a great choice. Don't worry about the service issues, TATA-FIAT is improving. If you face any problems, you can always escalate to FIAT. We have all the contact information here in this forum. They are really helpful.

--Rajeev
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Vaneet.
    Welcome to Team-FIAT India. You will find that Punto has more features than other hatchbacks and the comfort level and ride quality is one of the best in the segment. ::T
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Warm welcome to TFI, Vaneet. Your profile shows you already own GP 1.3 MJD Emotion FTA! :mrgreen:
  5. sethivaneet

sethivaneet

New Delhi
    Thanks for your replies. Actually I have booked a PUNTO 1.3MJD FTA. But after reading about FIAT ASS was in dilemma whether to go ahead or cancel the booking and look for some other options. Also I am a newbie driver and heard Punto is difficult to maneuver due to its large turning radius. Probably this forum would help me to get rid of doubts I am having in my mind.
  6. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Welcom to TFI.

The After Sales Service was a problem earlier, now it has improved by leaps & bounds, but not to the levels of Maruthi Suzuki.

Are you always going to take a U Turn. only then the turning radius comes into consideration, otherwise Grande Punto is a fantastic car to drive.
  7. Vaneet i gurantee you ... once you hold streeing wheel of you punto in hand all your worries will vanish. Once you get used to ride/handling of FIAT cars it becomes very difficult to choose any other manufacturers car ::D .. i chose to buy Linea after owning an UNO for 9 years.
  8. sethivaneet

sethivaneet

New Delhi
    One of my acquaintance owns GP 1.3MJD. He told me that maintenance cost of Punto is bit on the higher side if we compare with Swift VDI. Also he regretted his decision to buy Punto over Swift after an year of ownership. So the 15k service intervals are just a marketing gimmick or what? Its very difficult to take a decision in favor of Punto under so many negative vibes around for the product. Also after searching a lot on the web, I have found that a few guys faced problem of drag to the left and which could not be resolved. Such major issues are scary.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As far as maintenance cost goes, here is the price list.
    Moreover, Punto has 2+2= 4 years warranty + 4 year roadside assistance free. It shouldn't be higher than Swift normally.

Right click and save the pics on your PC to view them, you won't be able to see whole of the pic here.

Swift is good at it's own place but you will get many viberations with Swift and you should not expect Swift to be niggle free.
    Rest is up to you as we all have different priorities. Check out different cars and find out which one fulfills most of your requirements. :)

Spare Parts1.jpg

Spare Parts2.jpg
  10. subhchau4

subhchau4

New Delhi
    Hi,
    If you ask me I will say you go for it. I am driving a Punto for last 01 year and 2 months I have done 33700 KM and the car is rock solid. The response is ultimate the handling is impeccable. Maintenance is not much if you do an apple to apple comparison. :steering go fot it.