1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello from Mahesh Natarajan MN from Coimbatore (TN)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mahesh Natarajan, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Hi All,

I just joined TFI today 7th December 2010. Sincere thanks to Diwakare E for the invitation.

I stay in Coimbatore & work in Cochin & Coimbatore for an MNC. I am also a member & moderator in another autoforum PUG Palio Users Group from 2006 onwards. People over there know me as MN, I also would like to be known here as MN as it is easy to remember.

I am married & have 2 wonderful kids (A handsome boy of 7 & 1/2 years Uthamkumar & a Beautiful & Naughty Girl 3 &1/2 years Shri Meenakshi)

I own a Palio Petrol 1.6 GTX Jan 2002 which I purchased 2ndhand in March 2006. I can say this is really a wonderful hatch and feel at times sad that FIAT has discontinued such a wonderful machine. I bougth this wonderful Car when the odometer was reading just 31260 kms & on 2nd December 2010 the odo meter reading touched 160000 + it is going upward. In 4 short years + 9 months I have put 128740 kms on this Fiat GTX 1.6

The car is Silver Frost & even today it looks as good as new & very well maintained by me, thanks to MyTVS @ Coimbatore for all the wonderful support & service in helping me in miantaining it in top notch condition. I love driving & have done 2 long trips in my FIAT PALIO GTX.

The 1st Trip I called it A Fiat Love Story was for 15 days starting on 20.12.2008 @ 4.30 AM and Finishing the trip on 3rd January 2009 total 15 days 3334 kms Trip. COIMBATORE (TN) to GOKAK FALLS in North Karnataka (KA)

I covered 4 southern states starting from Coimbatore - Calicut covering Kappakadavu Beach, Kadalundi Bird Sanctury, Thali Shiva Temple, Pazzasiraja Museum - Mangalore - Udupi - Malpe - Dharmastala - Kollur Mookambikai - Kukke Subramaniya - Sringeri - St Mary's Island Malpe - Maravanthe Beach - Karwar - Mrudeshwara Temple - Gokarna Mahadev Temple - Mapsa Goa - Sawanthwadi -Amboli Ghat - Gokak Falls - Belgaum - Dharwad - Hattargi - Sirsi Marikamba temple - Yana - Vibhuti Falls - Manjuguni Venkataramana Temple - Madhukeshwara Temple in Banavasi - Sonda - Sahasra Linga on the river banks of Shalmala - Sirsi - Kumta - Maravanthe - Udupi - Magalore - Calicut & finally COIMBATORE.

The 2nd Trip I called it MISSON IMPOSSIBLE. This was for 18 days starting on 22.12.2009 @ 8 PM and Finishing the trip on 7th January 2010 total 18 days 6800 kms Trip (Just short of 7000 kms). COIMABTORE (TN) to SAM Jaisalmer (RJ) just about short of some 80 ~ 100 kms from Pakistan Border.

In this trip I started from Coimbatore (TN)- Bangalore - Belgaum (KA) - Kolhapur (MH) Mahalakshi Temple - Pune - Bhimashankar Jyothrilinga Temple - Nasik Tryembakeshwar Jyothrilinga Temple - Sendhwa (MP) Maheshwar Ahilya Bai Holkar's Fort on Narmada River Banks - Omkareshwar Jyothrilinga Temple - Indore - Ujjain Mahakaleshwar Jyothrilinga Temple - Enchanting Boating Shivapuri - Guna(MP) - Agra (UP) Taj Mahal - Red Fort - New Delhi Kutub Minar, Lotus Bhai Temple, ISKON temple, Akshardham Temple, Ride thru Metro Rail, Karol Bagh Shopping - Gurgaon (HR) - Jaipur (RJ) - Ajmer Garib Nawab Moinuddin Chisti Darga & Pushkar Bramha Temple - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - SAM - Jodhpur - Surat (GJ) - PUNE (MH) - Belgaum (KA) - Mangalore (KA) - Calicut (KL) - Coimbatore (TN) Whew!!!

Well I honestly enjoyed travelling to all these places driving in my GTX 1.6 with my wife & 2 small kids. I was the lone driver. The car was just superb, its suspension, power, handling & efficiency too. FIAT IS FIAT no matter what all models the have lauched.

Now I am technically on a HATRICK for a long trip this year. This year on the HATRICK Trip I am going to take my New FIAT LNEA MJD.

This 3rd Trip is a HATRICK Trip. I am calling it as LIFE MEIN LINEA.

Now I wish to share with you my FIAT LINEA buying experience

With great happiness I share with you all the news that me & my family we have acquired a Brand New FIAT Linea Emotion Pack - Bosanova White Color on 2nd December 2010 from GEM MOTORS Coimbatore.

The requirement for a Diesel was in my mind for long time as my monthly usage is above 2500 to 3000 kms avg per month. From March 2006 onwards all these days I am using my FIAT Palio 1.6 GTX Petrol and the GTX has been serving me well.

When it came into our lives the GTX had an odometer reading of 31260kms on 2nd March 2006 and on 2nd December 2010 it clocked exactly 160000 kms. What a milestone of trouble free & enjoyable experience with our 1.6GTX, she is still as good as new & very well maintained too.

We finally made up our mind to go for a Diesel and the 1st choice was Punto 90 MJD due to budget. As the boot space is less around 250 ltrs we had to look at Linea more seriously which is more spacious, elegent & boot space is quite huge.

Although it was pushing our budget fom Rs.7 Lakhs towards Rs.10 Lakhs we finally conciously made up our mind to for for the FIAT LINEA MULTIJET EMOTION PACK - Bosanava White was the choice of my lady.

It really looks very elegent & beautiful. I did not want to compromise on the airbags by choosing Emotion as I do more highway runs every month.

There are 2 dealers for TATA FIAT in Coimbatore. TAFE Access Ltd is larger & GEM Motors which is just 3 months old show room & brand new and much smaller. I decided to go for GEM Motors.

The pre purchase experience with GEM MOTORS was very nice & enjoyable with the GEM Motors Mr.Tamailarasu - GM, Mr.Srikant - Sales Executive & Mr.Vadivel helping me with all the formalities related to the feature, documenttaion etc.

We were treated very nicely by the GEM motors team. Their punch line is "Feel the Difference" & truely said we could feel the heart in their work.

I paid my booking advance last week & my contribution in full and the balance amount was loan from bank.

The on road full price for the top end Linea Diesel Emotion Pack is INR 997188.

I went in for SBI Bank Loan with whom I have a Savings Bank Account and Mr.Prabhakar - Customer Relationship Manager & the Chief Bank Manager were very helpful & ensured that my loan papers were processed quickly & the entire process went through without any issues hazzel free. The DD was ready on 2nd December 2010 morning & Form 20 paper formalities were complted and the RTO inspected the car, life tax was paid by the dealer at RTO office.

The car was now ready for delivery. I had informed GEM Motors that I will take delivery in the evening as I was waiting for my son Uthamkumar to come from his school. I had asked a call taxi to come & pick me, my wife & my 2 little kids & I had asked my parents also to accompany me to the show room. I had kept the purchase of the new car as a secret surprise from my parents.

The call taxi could not make it in time so I had to take my GTX to the show room and we had planned to reach the show room by 530 to 6pm evening.

It was pouring CATS & DOGS and it was raining very heavily yesterday in Coimbatore.

GEM Motors is located on Mettupalayam road the road which heads from Coimbatore to Ooty and this road is undergoing huge road widening work & traffic is pretty bad during peak time.

We were caught up behind a serpentine que and bumper to bumper traffic and tempers were rising as we had the window of time between 4.30 to 7 pm as auspicious time to pick up the car.

We were still stuck in traffic till 640pm. I saw a Mahindra pick up van which did some daring driving in front of me by keeping to the left. I tail gated behind him keeping a safe distance and managed to pull much ahead of the jam without hurting other drivers ego who were waiting for traffic to clear. I had no option but this, we must have passed some 50 vehicles and reached sharp 5 minutes to 7.

We were met by the GM of GEM Motors & his team who were waiting for us. They welcomed all of us. My wife informed the GM the request for handing over the car keys by 7 PM. The GM invited me & I requested my father to accpet the car keys from the GM at 7 PM. The GM requested my father to hand over the keys to me & my wife which we accpeted.

I drove over the 4 lemons placed under the tyre as part of the rituals as per Hindu tradition to ward of any bad omen & to bring good luck.

I had a surprise in store for my wife & kids. I had a cake made to order and my 2 kids had great time doing the cake cutting. Between the cake & some Kaju cutli sweets we were congratulated by all.

My father was so very happy & congratulated my wife for the best selection.

Mr.Srikant of GEM Motors informed me of the balance paper works of handing over the car's papers and explaing to me what are the deliverables etc. Finally after all the paper works & few more phtos in drizzling rain.

It was time to leave the show room. I had to leave behind my GTX in the show room. My wife & kids were very emotional & my little kids were so upset that we were leaving behind the GTX, my wife telling me poor GTX will it have to stand out in the rain all night? Well I did not know how emotional my wife & kids are on the GTX as much as me. I said no they will put it inside the garage & I will bring back the Palio GTX home on 3rd morning. I am keeping my GTX also with me along with my new LINEA MJD.

My daughter Shri Meenakshi who is just 3 & 1/2 years still kept asking for the GTX till late night after all she has grown with it & we have had 2 long trips & wonderful memories of trips made in 2008-2009 & 2009-2010.

We came to Saibaba Colony where my wife's parents were waiting in a temple, we had requested them to keep the pujari also waiting.

Finally the return trip was also full of traffic jam and reached the temple by 930pm and we had a personal pooja performed for the car & similar squashing of 4 lemons under the tyre ceremony was performed and we bid good bye to all and I took my wife, kids & parents back home, stopped for night dinner at a near by hotel & finally we drove in home our Brand New FIAT Linea Diesel Emotion Pack with admiration Guranteed!!!!

Thanks for being with me all the way till the last line as I wanted you all to take you through the experience which doesn't come often.

Have a nice day.

Warm Regards,
    MN
    FIAT LINEA 1.3 Multijet Diesel / Dec 2010 / Bosanova White / 2nd December 2010 - 65 kms/ Coimbatore
    FIAT PALIO 1.6 GTX Petrol / Jan2002 /Silver Frost / 2nd March 2006 - 31260 kms & on 2nd December 2010 160000 kms / 10 city - 13~14 Highway/Coimbatore

[attachment=6:qdzihgnd]MN Linea.JPG[/attachment:qdzihgnd]

[attachment=5:qdzihgnd]MN Family2.JPG[/attachment:qdzihgnd]

[attachment=3:qdzihgnd]Jamuna, Shri Meenakshi, Uthamkumar & MN @ Sawanthwadi Maharastra on 28 Dec 2008.JPG[/attachment:qdzihgnd]

[attachment=2:qdzihgnd]My Love My GTX.JPG[/attachment:qdzihgnd][attachment=1:qdzihgnd]DSC05450.JPG[/attachment:qdzihgnd][attachment=0:qdzihgnd]MN Family1.JPG[/attachment:qdzihgnd]

View attachment My Love My GTX.JPG
  2. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Welcome MN . Nice Intro Sir . AM sure this forum would benefit a lot from a person like you who has had a lot of travellinf experience and also experience with a previous FIAT model . Welcome again !
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Congrats Mr. MN and welcome onboard.

There are some common members of TFI and PUG. They all know about Mr. MN and his contribution for PUG very well.

Let me say some words about him. Mr. MN is really great person, he is a great human being (I salute Mr. MN for the trip to late Dr TRRK's family), he carries excellent knowledge about Fiat cars, he like to go for long drives and his family support him very well. I found him very commandable, knowledgable and perfect moderator in PUG.

Few words definetion: He is a asset for PUG and he is going to be a asset for TFI, thats for sure.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Mahesh (MN), nice to see somebody who has vast experience with Fiat, joining us.
    Do open ownership thread as well.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Warm welcome to you and your Fiat Linea, MN. Happy and safe driving in your Linea.
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Warm welcome MN sir to TFI,
    Nice to see such a well maintained Palio GTX. Want to hear more about your trips
    Also please post your experiences after the upgradation.

--Rajeev
  7. NJOY

NJOY

Coimbatore
    Welcome to TFI MR.MN, its evidence from post that you have good passion for driving. I too from coimbatore. I and TFI will benefit from a person like you who had a lot of travelling experience and long standing relasionship with FIAT. Do post your experience on new Fiat Linea Ownership.HAPPY MOTORING :redcar
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Welcome MN. hope you will be here to guide us on owning the Puntos/Lineas :)
  9. nskumar

nskumar

COIMBATORE
    welcome to TFI sir..heartiest wishes for a new member in ur family..happy to know that one more person from coimbatore has joined TFI.. :dance
    hope to meet u in person soon..let us add some more active members
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Welcome MN. Nice to read your post. Very detailed & well written post. Nice photos also. Your kids are amazing they are so cute. I liked A FIAT LOVE STORY TRIP 2008-2009 photo. Welcome again.