1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello from Kiran

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rvlkiran, Feb 16, 2015.

1. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello All,

I'm Kiran (M, 36, Bangalore), working as a software developer. I'm a new entrant to the FIAT family !

What I drove earlier:
    2009-2011 Maruti Suzuki Ritz VXi, total loss in an accident. Luckily my family & I escaped with minor bruises.
    2012-2015 Pre-owned Hyundai Elantra CRDi 2006, now sold. The car was great except for persistent brake problems. I finally had to let it go.

I just received keys to my new love on Valentines Day, 2015 :kiss:, my 2014 Linea T-Jet Active.

I would like to get expert comments/tips from experienced T-Jetters as I go along.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome, what a selection to be a valentine!
    Happy 'jetting'... !
    It will be interesting to know about your experience of moving from a Hyundai to Jet.
    rvlkiran likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @rvlkiran

Hey there, welcome to the club! The only relevant tip as of now...is to feel, experience and discover the t-jet Linea's many capabilities and aesthetic+engineering beauties.:)

enjoy, and keep posting observations/queries.
    rvlkiran likes this.
  4. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you @limraj and @prabhjot !
    Here are some immediate observations:
    - I moved from Petrol Ritz to Diesel Elantra to Petrol TJet. I'm still getting used to the lack of torque in the first/second gears - In particular near the unscientific speed-breakers (read as car-breakers) in Bangalore . In the Elantra, I never used to press the accelerator in first and second gears. I just release the half-clutch and the vehicle used to propel forward. In the TJet, I'm stalling the engine on the car-breakers if I have to brake just before the breaker in traffic & then go up on the breaker by just releasing half-clutch (and forgetting that I'm in second-gear). And once I stall it, I have to turn the ignition off & on, and getting endless honking from the cars behind me.
    - In the Elantra the seating position is so close to the ground. I'm liking the higher seating position & the increased ground clearance in the 2014 facelift Linea.
    - Of course, the brakes are a world apart. Even my Elantra had all 4 disc brakes, but I had a persistent spongy brake & never felt satisfied with braking. In the T-Jet, I'm getting used to the immediate braking power - I just have to tap the brake pedal slightly. If I hit the brake pedal hard, I'm getting pushed to the front of seat ;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    For the stalling at the breakers, you will get used to. Yes, braking is awesome, in other fiats too.
    I was also hoping to hear something about the handling part, as many have observed that hys are powerful boats.
    rvlkiran likes this.
  6. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Comparing the handling to Hyundai Elantra:
    - I never had a problem with the Elantra in the handling department. The car is so low & the seating position is also very low, plus it has the hydraulic power steering with great feedback - It inspires confidence during high-speed corners on the highways.
    - I once drove my friend's Hyundai Santro Electronic power steering, and I was so nervous with it. I never knew exactly how much steering force I should give, because there is no feedback. I want to turn left, then I see the car is going too far to the left, then I had to correct it to the right - and the story repeated throughout the drive. I think it's a steep learning curve for somebody who is used to Hydraulic power steering.
    - Yesterday was the first time I got to drive the T-Jet in a traffic-free stretch (~10 km), other than during the test drive. To be honest, I could push the test drive vehicle without any care and thoroughly enjoyed the handling of the car. But when you are pushing your new car, you're always careful & watching all mirrors to see if there's some idiot who is going to brush your car from the sides etc. Once you get your first 2 dings, then you'll be able to drive your vehicle with abandon (highly personal opinion ;), not sure if everybody agrees). I still feel the steering offers slightly lesser feedback than my Elantra - But it's not as bad as an EPS car. And I still have to get used to the slightly higher seating position.
    prabhjot and sandipan_r15 like this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @rvlkiran

Heartiest congratulations on the T-jet.

Suggest you to start an ownership thread with lots of pics of the Jet. Do share your experience regarding the buying process and the inclination towards buying a Fiat car, would like to know more about what factors tilted into T-jet's favour.

Happy Jetting and drive safely.
    rvlkiran and sandipan_r15 like this.