1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello from a new FIAT-ian !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AsifP, Nov 4, 2013.

1. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Hi Dhanya, they did not say anything about taxes. I wont be surprised if theres a little extra, but am happy with the quote nevertheless.

For me, yes I will need teflon coating. I have an open parking and there are small kids in the society. My beloved Esteem had a few scratches with their bicycles and am doing the most I can to protect the new car. Of course, you can't help with bigger impacts, but this will be useful for smallish ones.
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Fiat Grande Punto: Body Cover

Just thought that it might help you..I see in many reviews/PMs that Dupont cover could protect from scratches , prevents the heat from entering inside but the cost is on the higher side..If you have not purchased the body cover ,you can read on this and buy if you see it worthy.
  3. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks Bharath, yes this is definately worth a buy. My SA showed me a list of accessories last time and body covers were for 1225/- and 2600/- [the costlier one was from a brand called Tyvek (or something like that)]. I guess 1225 should be good enough. I havn't got it yet from them, but will do.

Edit : Just checked the figures and they are close to the ones in your link.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Asifp, if the coating can prevent small scratches, then may be it is worth putting in my car as well since my car is been washed daily by a car cleaner and definitely they will use the same cloth used in other cars.
  5. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    Hi guys, I checked the under body of my brand new punto, and found that there is some anti-rust treatment already in place done at factory.

dealer to said that there is no need for any under body treatment at least for a year.

Do we really have to go for this 3M underbody treatment for a brand new car?
  6. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Hi tiaf, congratulations on your new punto. I had asked my SA and he told me that [although not absolutely necessay] it will be better if I do this. It will come with a 5 year warranty too, so am okay with that.

[I had a reply to dhaya, but somehow didn't show in the post]. This is what I had said ...

A good point Dhaya, and thats what I am hoping too, since that is the case with cleaners in my society as well. Is it worth gifting him a new cloth and instructing him to use that only for my car (atleast for a few months while the car is brand new)?

By the way, I got my car duster delivered last evening. Had ordered this from snapdeal ...
    http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jopasu-car-duster/220060
    This will be something I will be using myself [on-the-go before entering the car] if I there is visible dust on the car. Its static and takes away dirt/dust instantly. This is for dry application only though.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  7. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Hey guys, I got my car delivered today!! Was a wonderful experience.

@ Dhaya and Tiaf -- I checked the teflon coat and there is a big different between my car and one I compared at the showroom. There is definately an extra gloss/smoothness visible. I was told that there was a paint protection done before the Teflon coating too, so hopefully the usefulness is also there [apart from the visible change].

Dhaya [sorry I mis-spelt your name in my previous post] - Yes, the price was inclusive of taxes. I only paid 7K for both the work.

Unfortunately, the permanent registration has not been done yet [delays due to holidays in the past week]. So Im told not to hit the highway until then [not even to Mumbai]. I will be doing some local runabouts in the next few days to have a better feel of the car until then.