1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello from a new FIAT-ian !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AsifP, Nov 4, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    why i was telling to replace tyres at delivery is because at that time you will get a price slightly less than the market price of your cars tyres. if you wait for few months, they may go for less than half of that price.
    both of these may not be really required. underbody coating maybe useful to some extent.

let me tell you something about Teflon. Any company other than DuPont, offering anything with the name of Teflon is cheating in some way or the other.
    "Teflon® is a registered trademark and a brand name owned by DuPont, and is used on a range of products. Teflon® is not a specific chemical or product name. The Teflon® brand represents a family of high-performance products that are used in a wide variety of industrial applications and consumer applications. The Teflon® brand has come to represent a variety of benefits to consumers including easy clean, nonstick, repellency and durablity."

source: What is Teflon®?
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Asif, Congrats for your Punto Booking and welcome to TFI family, regarding the underbody coating from 3M is good decision but for the Teflon coating i suggest you check with the 3M guys for paint protection treatments than Teflon..
  3. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks Surya, will check this out at 3M.

@Shams, yes Im biting a bullet here and I know I will be paying a bit more if I do it later. Im getting the delivery tomorrow [hopefully], so will do a bit of run around and see if I can manage it by tomorrow. Another reason why [apart from vitamin M, of course] I took it easy on this was because Im getting Apollo Accelere which I thought are better ZVTs. I heard MRF ZVTs are poor which people replace immediately. The only difference is the 185 profile tyres [opposed to 195 in Emotion]. Are Acceleres poor too?

Regarding the Teflon, I took it easy as I thought Im doing this through a 3M outlet [and I thought Teflon and paint protection are similar processes] ... I guess it will be better to get a word with them on this before they actually do this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    its not 185. the size would be 165/80 R14. And from what I am aware, Fiat gives JK Tyres in that size. did you see Apollo during PDI?
  5. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I just checked with 3M guys in Chennai (Virugambakkam outlet) for under chassis painting for my Linea and they said it will cost
    2 yrs warranty - thin rubberized coating - 2290 + service tax
    5 yrs warranty - thick rubberized coating - 3790 + service tax

when I checked with my colleagues they said the 5yrs one will be more helpful in protecting the sound, increase in AC effect.

I am not sure how it has an impact in increasing AC effect :confused:
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I am not sure about the Sound and AC effect :confused: but underbody treatment is for protecting the underbody from rusting and mud and other dirt ..
  7. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    @shams, I forgot about the tyres during my PDI. There were a couple of cars that I was looking at while I was waiting for my car to arrive ... all had accelere. Will confirm when I get the car tomorrow. But you are correct about the tyre size, it is 165/80 R14.

@dhanya - I was quoted 3500/- each for underbody and the body work. The underbody coating will come with a 5 year warranty, so hopefully that's the thick rubberised option from them. The Teflon according to them will only come with a 1 year warranty. Will check this out too tomorrow.

8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    One question raised and a series of information flowing..I will take a note of everything..:p

Thanks Shams,Surya,Asif,Dhaya..
  9. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Hmm, Im a bit of a noob with tyres and their quality. I just spoke to my SA and even he is not sure about the brand on my car [the car is in their Thane's centre at the moment so will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to see that].

Just a quick question. What according to you guys are poor? I saw a couple of cars in the showroom with Apollo Acceleres so thought mine will have those too. I have used Acceleres in my Esteem as well and found them to be good, so will be happy if I get this brand on my Punto. What if I get MRF or JK .. are they poor?
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Asif, for underbody painting, the quote you got is it inclusive of tax? If it is then yours looks lot cheaper than the quote I got.

Do we really need a teflon coating? Won't it be sufficient to do polishing may be once in 3 months? With my earlier car, I haven't done teflon coating and did polishing every 6 months.