1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello from a new FIAT-ian !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AsifP, Nov 4, 2013.

1. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Big Greetings Everyone!!

I had booked a Punto MJD Dynamic couple of weeks back and I should get the delivery some time this week [mighty excited for it!]. The car will bring a few "firsts" for me ...
    My dad changed his 3 year old Alto to a WagonR in 2006 [which is still doing duty in the house]. I had a pre-owned 03' Esteem [since 2009] which I have now exchanged for a Punto. So this will be my first new car + my first Diesel car + first vehicle outside the Maruti stable.

My booking has been smooth so far [booked from the new Balaji Autoworld showroom @ Nerul, Navi Mumbai]. There has been a slight delay because of Diwali holidays [for the registration process] but am okay with a few days wait.

Will see how the delivery process goes [will be looking at your PDI instructions/checklists]. More to follow ... ;)

Asif
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hearty congratulations, happy motoring.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Congrats Asif..What's the colour you have booked ? Good to see a lot of Punto and Linea new threads (including myself) in the past few months..It seems to be a take off for Fiat after showing TATA ,a tata !
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    congrats on the booking asif!

i would advise you to upgrade the tyres right after delivery. thats when it will be lightest on your pocket.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and welcome to TFI with the Punto
  6. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Asif.... enjoy your ride.... what color is your Punto?
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Asif on booking Punto,Welcome to TFI.
  8. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Many Thanks everyone!

@Bharath and @Dhanya -- Got it in Pearl White.

In fact, Im just coming back from the showroom. Saw my car in the flesh, just before it was about to leave for the registration. Did a small PDI and things mostly looked in order. The VIN number had a "HKZ" [an August manufactured] as promised by my SA [Im guess a 2 month old should be fine].

Bharath, yes it was great to be away from TATA. I read somewhere that FIAT has done more than a 100% increase in sales since March [compared to last year, I guess], so this is great news for us. Sales for both the cars are up [Linea in particular after badging itself as Classic]. Hoping to see a lot more on the road.

@Shams -- Unfortunately, my pocket will take a hit on this. Had a couple of things going since last month and those have brought me very low on Vitamin M at the moment. The car was done without a bank loan, so although that was good for me ... a couple of months will have to be financially passable. Im thinking to make-do with the stock tyres for a few months. The only things I am going for at the moment are reverse parking sensors [genuine accessory from Fiat] and teflon coating + underbody coating from 3M. Hopefully there will be more upgrades in the coming months.

Best Regards
    Asif
  9. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Congrats Asif.Perl White is a good choice..I see many doing 'teflon coating + underbody coating' soon after the delivery..I question myself why these are necessary since the car being NEW itself..Can you or anyone post the importance behind it ? I did nothing after the delivery other than Pooja:evilsmile
  10. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks Bharath, my Esteem was black and used to get very hot in the day. I went the other way this time with the colour.
    Regarding 3M, underbody coat helps against rust so opted for it. Teflon [I heard] gives slightly more protection against minor scratches. My Esteem had a lot of them because of the kids in the society [bicycle marks]. I guess Im trying to do the most I can to protect the Italian beauty.

Asif