1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello from a Jeeper / Fiat Enthusiast

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rainmaker, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hello All,

Am a native of Ooty (a Badaga), but settled in Bangalore (been here for over 40 years). We have a some history with Fiat in our family. Am a petrolhead, seasoned driver.

Our first car was an Ambassador back in 88-90.. First moped was Silver Plus from Enfield... I learnt my driving and riding with these vehicles..

Our first Fiat was a second hand (ex race car), a Fiat Padmini which we had back in 93, complete with headers etc.. The Padmini got sold after my dad had a crash in it.

The Silver Plus made way for a Hero Puch (turbo) with 3 gears... A pocket rocket it saw me thru my collage days..

My dad later booked the Uno. But due to delay in delivery (I think) the booking had to be cancelled. We eventually got an 800 which was there for 10 years and clocked over 1 Lakh kms.

In 2004 the Jeep bug bit me (as it does to all mountain men!). Got a 1967 Willys CJ3B which I restored and modified a bit for my taste. Am one of the founding members of Jeep Thrills India - India's first off-road club. The petrol engine kicked some @$$ in all off-road trails.

Then came a bullet 500 (Cast Iron) and an RX 135 and an Yezdi Classic (never got restored / used). Life was bliss with a combo of all these vehicles.

2008 Jan we bought the 1.6 Palio Stile, which even till date does 160 on an open stretch when the car is loaded.

2009 an Activa joined my stable.

A job change took me to Delhi before which I made the biggest mistake of my life. Selling all the above vehicles except the Palio & Activa :-((((

3 months after we moved there knew that we would return back shortly... But felt sad that I would not be able to get all those vehicles back..

During the 3 years in Delhi (while my family moved back) I purchased an Armada 4x4 and also a 1996 Classic (4x4) with spoke wheels. The armada got sold , leaving me with the Classic, Palio and the Activa.

Moved to an apartment last year and am happy to see a bunch of Linea's, Puntos around.

Thats me folks..

Drive safe. Keep those belts on inside the tank !
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to the Family Sir.
    Can You Please Upload Some Drool worthy Pic of Your Willys Jeep Sir .
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Nice intro there @Rainmaker. Please upload some pics of your vehicle(s) :D and welcome to TFI.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI.
    Any plans to get the Jeep introduced recently?
  5. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
  6. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    1996 Classic CL340 with Spoke Rims
  7. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    The Palio Stile 1.6

20130208_142455.jpg
  8. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    1996 Mahindra Classic CL340 4x4 (with Spoke Rims)

20130126_121432.jpg
  9. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Nope... Pricing is insane.. Will wait for the 2017 Made in India Jeep Compass
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Better luck with your wait.
    The original Jeep was delayed by approx 3 years of their promised 'launch'. This is Fiat in India.