1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello from a fiat Fan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pvgeorge, Aug 28, 2013.

1. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    Hi,
    My name is George and I m an IT professional. Hugely attracted towards automobiles and spend nearly an hr or 2 daily on various forums like teamfiat or bhp.

My ride was basically a Tata Indica and a Yam Gladiator, of which I sold off the Indica recently and decided to take a new vehicle. Always been a fan of Fiat palio and dreamed of owning a fiat once. Much against the will of close acquaintances, decided to take the plunge and booked a Fiat MJD 1.3 Active in vocal white color.

Did a PDI today armed with teamfiat PDi checklist. Expecting delivery of the vehicle by Saturday, but even before that I ordered a Racechip from Germany (Planning to get it installed after the run in). Hoping to gain knowledge from the experts and discussion forms

Thanks
    George V
    4 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    hello, welcome and Congrats on the booking. is it punto or linea?
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats!!!! My Punto is also getting delivered by Sunday
  4. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    its a Punto. wanted a linea, but turned out that my porch wont b e able to fit in a linea and hence its a hatchback
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome. Do you work in Technopark?
  6. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    Yes I do Limraj.. I work in Technopark
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI, George.

And Congratulation on your new acquisition.
  8. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Congratulations for earning one of the best hatchbacks in market and welcome to the forum. Wish you lots of fun with your new punto. Please do share the snaps with us.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    one more in technopark, the place where you see most number of FIATs in Kerala.
  10. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    got my punto MJD today from Mohandas Motors today. ran around 50 Kms in the city. Some of the break in rules talk about keeping it less than 2K rpm for 1000 Kms.
    Found it too difficult to maintain that rpm as the vehicle barely makes good torque till 2k. (very frustrati)

Note: personally I think the old Indica v2 has better torque in low rpms (Indica moves at around 20 kmph in 2nd gear and zero input to accelerator, but found that in MJD, it doesn't glide that smoothly).
    Overall turning radius is also is not to my liking. has to use 3 point turns which i was able to tackle easily in Indica.

But the overall refinement and comfort level is way ahead than the V2.
    eagerly waiting for the 1000 Kms run in to finish (decided to make a trip from TVm - Kodai in another 2 weeks to finish the 1000 Kms mark --> its nearly 430 Kms one way). Hope it wont make any damage to engine