1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello from a about-to-be Linea Owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Raj21, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    Hello Friends,
    I was very happy to find this forum and see such active and unbiased discussion on all things Fiat.
    I personally think that Fiat makes great cars though I never owned one ! I would like to be proved right in my future ownership !

Intro:
    I wanted a diesel sedan.
    Motivating reason:
    Fuel Costs were the major reason.
    Personal Reasons: I had big plans to travel with family(wifey+2 kids (under 5)) all over south and central india. I am interested in Nature, Travel, Temples,Archeological sites etc.
    I had been living in the US for more than a decade and I loved the concept of being able to be the master of your own Destiny(travel wise) instead of having to rely on public transport like trains or buses. The sheer cumbersomeness of having to travel with two kids in trains/buses just has put us off traveling at all !

Choices:

1)Manza:
    I was originally in favor of the manza seeing that it was such VFM.

The drivability , quality of interiors and the sheer number and insolvability of these niggles finally made me turn away from the Manza.
    I was a very unhappy person that day as I thought my dreams of owning a diesel sedan would have to be put to rest for now.

2)Optra: It was too expensive and too dated for my taste. Also the number of major niggles are not any lesser and the drivalbility in cities for this car is still questionable.

3)The dark horse...Linea MJD !
    While I was seriously evaluating the Manza all the whole, the Linea was beckoning me with her proud and elegant looks in the back of my mind (more heart shall we say :D)

There were questions about how fiat cars would be treated in the service centers, parts availability, low GC and Fiat's attitude itself to it's customers.

I did not go to the showroom(concorde dcircle) again after the manza debacle. Just called up the fiat sales ppl and asked them to get the car for a test drive.

The TD car and the attitude of the sales people in this initial contact sealed the deal for ! I will name them once I receive my beauty !

TD car was good and I had a great time getting to know the Linea and it's drivability in traffic(I did not want to do the highways as I know it would be great on it and I did not want to be biased on my test- after all most of my driving in terms of the sheer number of hours(not kms thank god :D) will be in the city).

I was very impressed by the steering ,handling and how I was able to thread such a big car into dense traffic around BTM and silk board so easily !

I tested the GC quite a lot going over all kinds of illegal speed breakers and I realized that if you keep your speed low and constant before you hit the hump and don't apply breaks when you are over the hump..more often than not you're OK ! YAY ! Great ! Sign of Relief....

Also I read about fiats offers and attitude changes at least some of the times :p and about the improved availability of spares and that put my mind to ease over some of these issues.

The only thing that I did not test was the turning radius and I know there will be issues with that in Bangalore...My attitude was "just get used to it !, after all it was difficult driving in NY city as well !"

Decision:
    I emerged happy from the TD , negotiated little bit and booked the car immediately.

finally we can say the what was the dark horse became the white horse :smile: was the Linea..Literally as I am going for BNW Linea Active ! :up

But the bad part : all of this happened over 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting on my car's delivery.. can you imagine the agony and sleepless nights (not so literal as I would then have my wifey questioning me ;)) ?

THe car is getting shipped any day now and I should be takign delivery by September 2 day after Ganesha Puja ! So eagerly awaiting my car and looking forward to the PDI !

Pub
    On a side note , I don't know anyone who owns a Linea. so any one owning a Linea and willing to do a little help to a proud to be Linea owner .. I would appreciate a little help in doing the PDI especially as it's my first car purchase personally in India !

Thank you all for patiently reading through my first post and Hope to see you all during our meets or travels..
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ran welcome to the forum and Congratulations for Linea.

We have Team FIAT PDI Checklist here is the link. Go ahead and download the PDI check list and take hard copy along with you for proper PDI.

I was planning to buy BNW Linea Active however due to some reason I dropped that plan and bought Punto 90HP Emotion Pack :)
  3. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    Thank you for your welcome and hope to see you in Pune some time !
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Anytime Raj. Here is my car. You can recognize me easily :up

DSC_6916%20-%20Copy.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome aboard,

And congrats on the stunning choice u made

Harmony & Choas
  6. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    @Phew and @Kedarbendre
    Thank you guys for the welcome mat..and hope to contribute in some small way to the forums !
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Welcome to Tfi..U made a very correct decision! :)
  8. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Welcome to TFI ..Great decision ..you will be neighbors envy for sure ;)