1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

hello fiatians

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sathishgv, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Fiatians!!!. only day before yesterday i have become a fiatian by owning a Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack 90 HP :steering. Still to recover from the happy moment when i drove out from the showroom at V.I.P road kolkata in rain. To make it more interesting i blew out the front tyre on the way back home which is 130 kms away from the showroom :uh. Anyways i still managed not the damage the car :D. I became a memeber of the fiat forum and was not aware of this website. Only today i saw this when googling for rear washer wiper.

Thanks in advance for your wishes!!!.
  2. Hi Sathish, warm welcome to TFI.
    Congrats on your Punto and looking forward to your buying experience and ownership reviews. Please post some pictures of your beauty.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Welcome aboard sathishgv.

You've had an interesting delivery day i must say! How did the tire blow up? Post up some pics of the 90.

4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    COngrats on your Punto, Sathish!!! Please share your your experience and pictures :)
    A little shocked to hear that a brand new tire burst!
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    welcome satish to TFI,
    Happy to hear the initial writing on the grande, bu waiting to hear more from you with the pictures.
    but also at the same time disappointed that the brand new tyre got Burst ed???? can you elaborate it to us how did it happen.?
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    thank you guys for your warm welcome. yup i too got disappointed with that tyre burst. As i mentioned earlier it was a rainy day and the highway from kolkata to haldia is under construction. It was raining heavily and i was overwhelmed with joy as i was nearing my home (around 40 kms only left), so i didn't notice a pothole at the side of the road where there was a slight diversion. The front right tyre went in with a thud. I didn't feel any difference in my driving except for some increased road noise. I traveled like that for another km or so and i felt inside that something was wrong. So, i pulled over and found my front right side tyre was fully flat and i have been driving literally with the alloys only :eek:. Then i changed the spare wheel and reached home. The other day i went to a nearby workshop and found that there was a cut near the sidewall. He used the tubless puncture kit to fill the hole but later said it is not repairable. So, i asked him to put the tyre from the spare wheel into the alloy as the spare was steel rim. Charge 300 rs!!!! for that. Today i spoke with the dealer asking how a new tyre can get damaged. He said that it depends on the impact and i replied that if the impact might have been strong the wheel alignment and balancing would have been damaged and also the suspension could get damaged but nothing of the sort happened. Everything seems fine with the car. (I was trying to get a replacement) ;). Experts your opinion about this and your guidance solicited.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Welcome to Team FIAT India & congratulations for new 90HP Punto. :)

IMO you will not get replacement under ca warrenty as I faced the same problem with my cars suspension. Physical damage wont be covered under car warrenty.
  8. maverick

maverick Amatore

Welcome to TFI and congrats on your new car.

Same thing happened to my one month old Punto, but FIAT refused warranty claim saying "External hit will not be covered under “normal warranty”".

FIAT OEM alloys are soft and not suited for Indian conditions, please do check the alloy wheel before using it.
  9. juanty

hi friends i m back and happy to be in fiatian,missid you all a lot .due to personal reasons but now i wont disappear.
  10. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Do Take Care of the car, even I had hit a huge pot hole covered completely with water. Thankfully nothing happened.

Welcome to TFI, have a safe drive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.