1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello Fiatians!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sunilguli, Sep 25, 2013.

1. I am sunil from mysore doing M.tech. I bought Punto emotion 90 hp (vocal white-metallic color) nearly a month back in exchange for my 49 year old ambassador. This punto is for my dad and me as he could not use the ambassador because of the tight steering. Ambassador was like a family and hence, I wanted a car with a character to replace it, which is subtle and not a high showoff. Had a tough time deciding between Swift and punto. My brain wanted the swift but my heart was always towards punto. Listened to my heart, convinced my dad and I am damn happy that I made a right choice in buying this. Did a 1200 km trip just after 2 weeks of purchasing as I was damn confident about the fiat engine. I never get tired of reading about automobiles and i am a huge DIY freak. I own a Yamaha R15 which is 3 yrs old and have never given it to service as i prefer to do it myself. That how much crazy I am about DIY and automobiles. I follow road safety very much and I always wear a seat belt :p. That's just about me. Love to be a member of this great forum. Happy driving everyone.. :)
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Welcome to TFI Sunil.Glad to know that you chose your heart over head.You have made the right choice.where had u been to do 1200 km trip just after 2 weeks of purchasing to see how reliable Fiat's engine is?Oh great this is the first time i m hearing that a guy who rides his bike does service his bike himself.ya you are much crazy about automobiles & DIY.:pAlways wear seat belts,Great.plz start an ownership thread of your mighty 90hp White Angel & post lots of pics of her.Btw,did you bought ur car from Urs kar's new showroom?
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Welcome aboard Sunil. Please do write your ownership thread and about that 1.2k trip you had with alots of pics of your beauty.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on Punto..
    Oh, you sold 49 year old car?? Should have preserved it.
  5. I went on such a long trip knowing about the reliability of fiat engines. Had been to my native near chitradurga. In total 3 days, covered 1200 kms. Had hell lot of fun in driving especially in the chitradurga to bangalore national highway. Maintained a constant 120 but the road was so superb and empty that i could not resist touching the redline. Did an easy 175 kmph in no time n reduced back to 120. Absolute confidence even at such high speed. Yes, i bought from the new fiat showroom. Infact, i was the first customer to book car in that showroom (on 9th august which co-incidently happens to be the birthday of both me and the M.D of URS KAR.

- - - Merged Post - - -

After this car came, my dad was sure we would'nt drive amby much. According to him, cars should'nt be kept without using as its supposed to bring bad luck or something and also, I live in apartment. No parking space for another car. Hence, we had to give it up.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Oh great.:pwhen driving Fiat's on highways you cannot resist to keep a constant speed.doing 175 for a new car is not good but Fiat's are rock solid on highways even at such high speeds.Nice to know that you were that first customer to book car in their showroom.you are the first person here who booked Punto on ur birthday & good to know that MD of URS KAR birthday is also on the same day.when did u got delivery of ur car?for how much did u exchanged ur Amby for Punto?post lots of pics of ur Punto 90hp.
  7. Got it delivered on 30th august. I touched that speed after car completed nearly 1500 kms on the odo. After all the exchange bonus and discounts, got 1,00,000 for my amby.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Great.1,00,000 for 49 year old Amby is Nice.we need pics of ur car.Post some pics of showroom & display cars displayed in showroom also if u have taken.
  9. I could'nt take proper pics as it was almost 6 by the time i got it delivered. Will do a fotoshoot of car within this week and post pics of it.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    welcome to TFI sunil!
    whats the reason for this Nadeem?
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013