1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello Fiat Luvers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Prajash, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Prajash

Prajash

pune
    Hi enthusiasts,

We joined team fiat a week ago. 'WE' as in Prajakta and Ashwin husband wife from Pune. I'm Designer, Animator by profession, Prajakta is professional books reader and a real Fiat enthusiast by profession.

We own Fiat Palio 1.2 elx (Gold), Maruti Zen (Silver) the old one and Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Black).

We were never automobile freak before buying Palio and joining Palio Users Group.

Basically I had a Bajaj Super Scooter as my first scooter brought using my own earned money. I used it for more than 10 years and it was not giving problems at all. I remember incidence when I used to drive 50-60 Kms everyday on same scooter. I was driving and it was very sharp slope and auto rikhawala as usual they do suddenly turned 180 degree in front of me. I still had good distance from him but a sound came “twook” and breaks cable was Broken. I banged heavily on autoriksha but no injury to my pillion, me and my scooter was also fine without a single scratch (that’s bajaj scooter like just an iron block). Now autoriksha front was all bent gone inside and people started gathering for fight. I coolly said ok let’s go to police station and resolve it! And instead of me rickshawwala was reluctant because he was driving in area where only two wheelers were allowed :evilsmile. When she was lying for 10 months together without driving one day a guy came wishing for it. I brought, one bottle petrol and she started in one kick. I regret I sold her.

Same week I booked Bajaj Pulsar 150 against my family's wish they were worried about that extra 50cc and my driving instinct. For the matter I tell you that according to me I drive very safe. But finally I brought 150cc Pulsar still with me I enjoy driving him as good as my Palio.

Buying Palio is another story...

We had a family car that is Maruti Suzaki ZEN old model. It’s a very good car I never felt like going into technical details of it till now. Good Mechanics, parts are cheap, FE is 20-22, just do regular servicing and drive. After my brother’s marriage I felt like we need one more car in family. I used to dream about buying Gepsy, Thar, and bolero kind of thingies.

When we started searching for car and fiat was never the choice; I used to see Palios before, I liked them but never thought of buying them. Just to tell you that I was almost on the verge of buying Hundai i10 or A-star. But after lots of thinking and analysis, market research I decided to buy a used one, and drive as much as possible and avoid car loan also. That my math, I think one should not buy new car, buy used one and drive as much as possible.

Me and my wife we use to search on internet also where we came across this Palio. We knew we may get fooled easily if we don’t take any expert with us. But we went to this car dealer and saw this Golden Fiat Palio looking fantastic, shiny from outside, good leather upholstery inside, neat clean scratch less look, tyres were good, very wel maintained. My only doubt was engine, suspension, battery, papers etc. I took a drive and almost decided this will be my car. My decision was based on riding position I felt suits me, very comfortable, secured, it was smooth drive with I know I have power kind of feeling.

We read all negative reviews about non availability of parts and mechanics, poor FE etc etc. But still brought Palio and decision was just based on nice rides (driveability). We enjoy every trip in our Palio, including our fights on pampering and maintaining her.

As we have decided our next car will be Punto 90HP only but without selling out our Palio 1.2 for the same we are looking to build our house so that we can have liberty of parking cars.

We saw how people so passionate about their cars and probably excellent driveablity of Palio made us Fiat lovers. Finally, i would like to say any trouble bearable for the driving pleasure that PALIO gives you.

Thanks and Regards

Prajash
    7 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    welcome to TFI prajash!! :) lets have some pictures of your palio to complete your intro...
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to TFI Prajakta and Ashwin!

Excellent write-up! Do share some pictures of your Palio.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Praj-Ash to TFI.
    Some pictures of the beauty would add glamour to this page..
    As you will have a great time with us, and we do Pamper our Fiats a lot......
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Warm welcome to both of you Prajakta & Ashwin.

You guys are very lucky both being like-minded passionate about a car.

Have a great time in the Home of Fiat's New generation cars.
  6. Prajash

Prajash

pune
    Thankyou every body.. here are some pics

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
    6 people like this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Welcome to TFI.
    Looks like photo has taken during a Fiat meet.We could see a yellow palio(s10?):)
  8. Prajash

Prajash

pune
    Thanks for welcome,
    yes 2 of the photos were taken during PUG meet in Lonavala.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Warm welcome to both of you Prajakta & Ashwin both of you look nice together ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I will make one more point. It is the first time in TFI that I am seeing a name that is made by joining the name of two passionate fiat lovers.Looks great:)
    1 person likes this.