1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello fellow Auto Enthusiasts!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ric.burns, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Hello Dear friends,

First thing, very heartfelt thanks to this wonderful site,mods and fellow fiatians who helped me to decide on my baby GP EP 76.

I am D from Chennai, i love(LOVE) cars and anything that has wheels.. i had a used Swift ZXI as my first ride for two years, kept it beautifully and it was really wonderful car with impressive handling. It never let me down for 50K odd kms but had its own issues such as rattling over bad roads like hell, very uncomfortable back seat and IT RUNS ON PETROL.

we finally decided to sell and get another, sold the car for a good price. I have always loved Honda Jazz so booked the facelift model and for sake of taking test drives i took a few.

Chevy Beat +Beautiful car, amazing suspension -space inside.
    i20 +nice car with many features, better quality interiors -bad color interiors, high price, horrible stories about steering rattling and other issues
    SX4 ZXI +its a maruti, good macho looking, - same interior as the old swift,priced even higher than Honda city

Then came the calculation of the running costs, we take long drives once in every two or three months for around 1500kms and with the way the petrol prices competing with Gold rates, fuel cost would be a bomb for each. so i am now seriously considering diesel options.

so one fine day i went to near-by TAFE to take a test drive on Punto, i have always liked the way punto looks, red/white with black tint is a sure killer. i had never driven a diesel before, so felt the engine noise to be higher when i fired up the engine and long clutch travel. started 1st, 2nd then came the third and the diesel torque while overtaking, boy i was blown over by the power, it just enjoys on the mid range. took the car in my usual office route and on 90deg turn where my swift felt a heavy roll in 50, Punto just cruised on 80. Then came the usual patholes where swift used to be a heavy metal concert of rattles, it just glided over i didnt even feel a thing. The test car was a 16k run and banged up Punto, still it rode like a champ.

• Beautiful exterior
    • runs on cheap crude Oil
    • benchmark ride quality
    • features list/blue&me
    • Killer A/C
    • price/discounts
    • backseat comfort
    I was completely sold off and my next stop was the Honda showroom to cancel Jazz where the SA almost cried not to cancel.
    Got my GP EP 76 BNW from TAFE and now flying on the OMR. i will try to dedicate a thread for my baby when i have my next free time in the office :D

2. teky

teky Esperto

Congrats D, what colour have you got? I do spot couple of punto's regularly on OMR. I hope you are joining us for the meet during november.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Congrats on acquiring a GP. Nowadays we see a lot of Punto's getting booked in Chennai. You could see a steady increase of Chennaites in this forum as well. Welcome to the club and expect to see you at FIAT customer meet.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Welcome aboard Mr. D. :p

Congratulations on getting home the Punto. Super buy.
  5. omzworld

Waiting for your experience. Please do a proper photo session before starting the thread. It will be in high demand.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Ric, you have taken a correct decision and will never repent on it,
    No doubt Punto still now is a head turner which no other brand in India has since the launch,
    Which color have you gone for and when is the delivery expected....
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Congrats D(what's so secret about the name,there are no ladies in the forum!),a nice write up(some how all Fiat car owners seem to have good writing skills,having endowed with a good taste as well!)
    Happy motoring
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yo!!! I am J from sangrur, punjab....welcome aboard

Harmony & chaos
  9. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Hey Srini,
    Even in Pune I have started spotting lots of fiats flying around.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Happyh to hear from you all that Fiats are more seen on the roads, that means people's are matured now, what say,,,,