1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello everyone - new to Forum/FIAT

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by arunprasad, Dec 10, 2012.

1. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hello everyone,

Back in Sep '12 I started my search for a new car to replace my Indica Xeta, which is serving me well for just under 6 years.

I started with Hatchbacks; test drove VW Polo, Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz and also Swift Dzire. No need to say, with numerous choices, there were lots of confusions around selecting a model, petrol or diesel and variants.

My wife had a tough time, as I was changing my decisions almost daily. I was just trying to debate on positives and negatives of each car. There was so much of debate, hence we decided to stop thinking about cars for a week or two and start afresh.

In the cars I test drove, I liked Jazz and Dzire - was not happy with Polo and i20.

Then came a thought why should not I consider a Sedan; because all the Hatches I looked at was premium cars and if I can stretch a little I can buy a sedan.

Once I decided to go for a diesel sedan; I looked at Verna, Ford Classic, Skoda Rapid, SX4 and VW Vento. Out of all I liked Rapid and Vento. Dropped Rapid because of service issues I heard and also it has the least futures.

So far I did not even thought about Fiat. Since, I have only one choice now I wanted check for any other options. Then came the thought of Fiat Linea - checked Fiat website. Very much impressed with the looks and features.

On a Sunday, I went to Fiat exclusive showroom at Hyderabad. Both me and my wife loved the car at the first site (my wife's favorite was Honda City). Unfortunately for us TD vehicle was not available so went to VW showroom nearby. Vento is a very nice car with a powerful engine, excellent interiors and build quality. After driving Vento, this is my perception, I never felt like I was in a sedan. I don't know why!

After two days, I got to TD Linea. Car was not maintained well (@ 9K+ on odo) - full of dust and noise. I liked the car. Again started confusion which one to go for, thank GOD at least now it is only 2 cars to choose between.

Then came the turning point, I was searching for Linea and Vento reviews (I wanted to read and see videos as much as possible to understand the positives and negatives of both the cars), and came across this wonderful forum. Almost daily I was reading through various threads of Linea ownership and other Linea related threads. This forum helped me in my decision to go for Linea.

I have been waiting for this day, as I wanted my introduction only after I book my Linea.

Yes, I have booked the Linea 1.3 MJD Oceanic Blue on 8th Dec. Expected delivery time is before Dec end; I will have a better picture by 12th Dec.

When I read through many of the threads and ownership reviews; one thing I found, not everybody but many, was they never thought of Fiat first as in my case; but ended up with a Fiat.

My apologies if I had bored you with my rantings. Wish me good luck.

5 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Arun, welcome and your post is interesting, not boring.

Hope your delivery happens soon and we will wait for your ownership thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Welcome aboard Arun and congratulations.

OB is a fantastic color for the Linea. The more you drive it, the more you will love it. Eagerly awaiting the delivery!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Arunprasad whatever you have written had come from your heart & it is not at all boring. Glad that this forum & contributions from it's members helped you to make a final call. Do update us with pics of your car after the delivery.Good luck !!
    1 person likes this.
  5. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Welcome to the hangout Arun and Linea is an awesome car. You will love and cherish this beauty for years to come. This is a very wise decision that you have made as Linea has some of the features that other cars only dream of and at a much better price point.

Drive long and safe !!
    1 person likes this.
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Arun, Welcome to TFI.
    Thats a great choise you have made finally and Linea is beauty, remember admiration guaranteed.

Wishing you a happy delivery process, dont forget to do the PDI.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Fiatian

Fiatian Novizio

Congratulations and Welcome to Fiat family.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Warm welcome,Congrats
    1 person likes this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Welcome aboard buddy. Hope you enjoy the stay and fiat ride never ends ;)
    1 person likes this.
  10. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Congratulations pal. Happy to hear about your booking.
    1 person likes this.