1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello Dear Jet, fly with care

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Vaibhav Rawat, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Everyone,

A car upgrade was due for a year or so for our family. We were driving a WagonR, our second car after first gen ZEN, for past 7 years and it had done close to 85k kms. Our requirement was such that it can’t be satisfied by one car, or that’s what we thought. We do a lot of run between Almora, Uttarakhand and Ghaziabad, UP, and that involves all kind of roads and no roads, flat straight runs and twisted curvy roads with steep up-hills, and last but not the least, driving in congested city such as New Delhi. So with all those above points, it was a tough task to chose a car, which provided easy, comfortable and tireless drivability on long routes, with safety high on priority, a good ground clearance (it is must where there are no roads), of course a bigger car to carry a lot of stuff and substantial power to carry that load easily up-hill. So, all the requirements pointed towards buying an SUV. I was researching for a long time for what kind of vehicle should I purchase. If it had to be an SUV or a sedan, should it be 4x4 or simple 4x2 will do. 4x4 was considered because last winter, there was heavy snowfall in Uttarakhand and our WagonR was not able to move on the snow, it was losing on traction; tires were rotating at stand still. But then I saw a video where it was shown that having snow tires on your Front Wheel Drive can actually do the trick. Normal tires are no good in case of snowfalls. So spending extra on a 4x4 was out of question. SUV versus sedan debate remained alive until what follows.

Next priority on agenda was safety and as a rule of nature (or FIAT), safety comes with build quality; and build quality means; yes it means “FIAT”.

Okay okay before I come on FIAT, we did check out on Renault as my father was highly impressed with Duster. And Duster was offering all the bells and whistles like AWD, Hill Assist, EPS,ABS, EBD and the list goes on; and that too with a huge discount or Pre-Excise rate. But when I deeply searched on internet, I came across Rusty Dust site. And we put off the Hot Deal. Other SUVs were not considered at all considering them too huge for our requirement.

In between, I was reading about Fiat Linea T-Jet here at Team Fiat as well as on TBHP. I checked out the specifications and it was bang on our requirement I thought. On paper ground clearance was 185mm for Dynamic variant and it is substantial for us, and off goes the SUVs off list. So we visited Oberoi Fiat one Sunday, me and my father, but sadly they didn’t had T-Jet for a Test Drive but only a MJD. So we decided to take a ride of that only, as it will give us a feel of what car actually feels like. Test Drive was like butter, like super smooth, car cleanly pulled on 3rd gear from 20 to 60. I was sitting on the rear seat and I loved that I didn’t felt a bump on my bum. My father was hugely impressed with the ride. But then, we only wanted a T-Jet as I had read so much about it that I didn’t wanted to spend a lakh more when I can get a more powerful T-Jet for a lesser amount. So again decision was postponed.

In between we took a test drive of Tata Zest. That car is a superb value for money proposition. But heart said, “Nay”.

So, finally came April 2015, and we returned from another trip from Almora. This time our WagonR was quite shaken. Though the engine was still quite intact, but after those long and torturous tours, car had started to give in. Hence we moved forward toward Kashyap Fiat, Patparganj and without having a test drive booked a T-Jet. We booked it on Saturday and my father test drove T-Jet on next Monday, yeah after booking, just for the sake of it. He loved the drive. Booked on 11th April, car was delivered to us on 17th April. Pretty fast, as it was laying there for a very long time I think. And it was indeed true, as I later on checked the VIN and it was manufactured quite before than it was claimed by the sales man. But, we moved on.
    Since then I have taken the car for two long trips and problems have come but that was due to adulterated fuel and the problems were diagnosed correctly, though with patience and continuous persistence. But believe me friends, car has been tested for a 1000kms trip in 3 days on harshest of weather and road conditions our climate and State can offer and FIAT Linea T-Jet has triumphed.

Now I don't want to write too long before I myself start to find it boring. So pics are here. P_20150528_175426.jpg P_20150528_182546.jpg P_20150528_182637.jpg P_20150528_185446.jpg P_20150528_191616.jpg P_20150528_191804.jpg P_20150528_195506.jpg P_20150530_153051.jpg P_20150530_153109.jpg P_20150417_174309.jpg

View attachment 80341

P_20150528_175404.jpg
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Vaibhav Rawat : welcome to the Fiat family. Wish you loads of fun in T-jet. Fiat is the best car for rough terrain.
    Just a suggestion: Number plate font looks bit outdated. You can either change to different font or to a IND plate. It will suit well.
    Keep writing about your car. Happy motoring :)
    Tornado and Vaibhav Rawat like this.
  3. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Hi Vaibhav,

Welcome to the family! Great choice! I am sure you will enjoy the drive and the pleasure in handling the vehicle in tough terrains is second to none!
    Vaibhav Rawat likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Vaibhav Rawat

Heartiest congratulations mate on bringing home the Jet. What a decision, hats off to you for showing the faith in Fiat. I am sure the jet will not disappoint. Ask any owner on this forum and he will vouch for that. Would like you to share the issues which you experienced so that it might help others on the forum too. Would also be interested in that trip you mentioned.

Happy jetting and drive safely
  5. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    3 Cheers! Enjoy the ride.
  6. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @Deepak IND plate only came few days back and has been installed, until then the above one was doing the duty.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2015 ---
    @Dhruv_Sappers Thanks buddy. Yeah definitely car is superb on rough terrains as it is in planes.
    @ghodlur Thankyou very much. The issues I faced so far were related to fuel adulteration which I faced when I took it first time to Almora from Ghaziabad, which occurred soon after filling fuel from IOC petrol pump at Katghodam, Haldwani. Car started missing power on the uphill and fuel efficiency dropped tremendously, check engine light came on and journey had to be stopped abruptly. RSA was called and car brought to Noida Phase-II service centre where fuel pump, filter were changed and fuel tank cleaned. Car worked fine after that. But later on, on another trip to Almora, after filling fuel from Haldwani we moved uphill. And after some 100 kms missing happened once again and car stalled in middle of road on a steep inclined. But it was one odd incident. It didn't occurred again. But there was fuel smell coming into the cabin when we accelerated hard. I contacted the mechanic who had worked on my car, he advised to open the fuel tank lid whenever the smell occurred. After that we completed a 1000kms trip with fuel smell coming now and then. After coming to Ghaziabad car was taken to Noida Phase-II service centre and this time it was worked upon by Mr. Narendra Singh Rana. He looked thoroughly at every point from where a fuel leak can occur. Finally he found the culprit, it was Air Cannister. Air cannister is supposed to have air in its line which are connected by two valves with fuel tank. But it had fuel in it, which when accelerated hard resulting in fuel smell inside car cabin. How did fuel came into the air cannister line? It was my unknowing that it is a European car which follows standards precisely and you should not fill fuel after an autocut. Extra fuel can enter the gas line of air cannister and cause fuel smell. And AIR CANNISTER is only present in PETROL car, not in MJD. After that, I have pushed the car upto 4000rpm, slot the 3rd gear and pulled it from 30kmph to 90kmph. It felt like being liberated, freedom. Its' like a taste of blood on tigers' mouth. Every time you sit in car, you want to push it hard, revv it hard and T-Jet obliges perfectly by simply pulling pulling and pulling.
    I think I answered it quite elaborately. :rolleyes:
    @VIJENDRA SINGH Thankyou very much. I hope your ride is behaving well now.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @Vaibhav Rawat for sharing the details. I am sure that your experience would help others. I definitely noted your observation about cut-off thing. I have gone overboard after cut off, though slightly on 1 or 2 occasions and would never do from now.
    prabhjot and Vaibhav Rawat like this.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations. I have taken only a test drive of the jet, but I can feel what you write.
    That's crisp write up.
    Enjoy your car. Drive safe.

Could you share this site's link? I could not find.

Moved on... That is the right thing.
    Many in this forum, including me, have taken the delivery of cars which were manufactured up to 1 year back and facing no issues.
  9. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @limraj http://www.rustyduster.co.uk/ this is the link. Apparently these Dusters were made in Chennai Plant. That is why after this incident, Renault a.k.a. Dacia started exporting Romanian made Dusters to UK and other countries.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 14, 2015 ---
    “There were inconsistencies in the paint process at the factory, in limited numbers at the Chennai plant,” said the Dacia spokesperson. “Surface corrosion can appear on the apertures – the door sills and bonnet. We’re making steps to contact customers to bring their cars in for an inspection. Each will get a courtesy car and if there’s a problem, the paint is corrected under warranty.”
    After reading this statement, there was no looking back at Renault as a whole, not just Duster.
    limraj, prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for sharing.