1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello and I booked the OBlue 2012 Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by puntophile, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    My dear fellow enthusiasts, this is my first post on this nice forum. I had been following this and a few other forums, for quite some time now, and I could no longer resist the urge to post. I should have done it earlier! I grew up on fiat, (all second hand 1100, Padmini, 118NE and stuff) that my father owned.

Finally it was time for me to buy my own car, really, and without any second thoughts or considerations for any other brand, I took the plunge. I had been trying to book the Punto since October 11, but had to back off due to several reasons, one reason being the dealership SA trying to fool me. So finally during Christmas 2011, I decided to wait till the Punto 2012 is formally launched. So finally it was launched and on 14[SUP]th[/SUP] January, Saturday, I visited the FiatCaffe with my family. Model and variant was predetermined, so asked the very co-operative SA, to make an offer. We were offered very good coffee, and while we sipped, the SA gave us a demo of the 2012 OB Punto, being showcased there. It was the 1.3 EMOTION. (I booked the 1.2 Dynamic, would not be driving much really). The SA very patiently demoed the car explaining every minute detail.

So finally, after a few minutes, the deal was made, I paid the token amount and was informed of a 2-2.5 weeks waiting period. I was in no hurry. After booking, had a good lunch at Sarvana Bhawan, just round the corner, and returned home very elated on having booked the Punto 1.2. I started the loan process, which got promptly approved and ready for disbursal, in about 4 days. I paid the rest of the margin money as well.

In the meanwhile, my SA called after about a week, and said that there was a bundle offer, for some 3999 or whatever, which clubs the 1 st year insurance and 24 months RSA. (I had earlier opted for self insurance, so I agreed to it.) He sent me the modified PI and all. Last week again he was proactive enough to call me and say that the car delivery is further delayed by 7-10 days :(. Any ways, I am a patient man. He had sms ed me the VIN number as well, (last 3 alphabets ALZ, which probably confirms a Jan 12 model :D).

So I am still waiting for the car to arrive so that I can do a quick PRI/PDI and finish all the formalities. The latest update is that the car would arrive by15/16[SUP]th[/SUP]…only hope it does this time! Will definitely post my PRI/PDI and delivery experience from Fiat Caffe and I am certain it would be smooth. So far the experience has been OK.

Mods, if you feel this post belongs elsewhere, kindly relocate it.

Best regards,
    Puntophile

PS My wife even named the car "NAUTILUS".....dives deep!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  2. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats on your new possession and welcome to TFI
  3. Congrats for your new car. Will surely have happy miles with Punto :)
  4. mayank

mayank Amatore

ocean blue..!!! :D that my favorite colour..congrats for your new possession and do click many pics when u get that beauty :D
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    PuntoPhile LMAO, that's one hilarious screen name :D

Congratulations. I have also decided on Oceanic Blue and that too after looking at it in the paper and Online. it's a serious kick ass color.
    If you don't mind, please share the OTR price and discounts that you received.

Keep Punting!
  6. Congrats PuntoPhile for selecting this beauty.
  7. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Yeah. Thanks.:D

For the color part : it is different from the screen rendering or as seen in print. Have a real look at it. It is much better.
    The OTR is about 5.54L : the basic price 504284, 7% road tax for UP, extended warranty 5.3K, 24 months RSA and Insurance 3999 and premium color charge 5000/-. Mudflaps, carpets and stuff thrown in free. Not much "true" discount really. Paid the MRP almost :D.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am guessing it's a Petrol.
  9. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    But yes, of course. BTW Is there a better deal floating around, any clues anyone? And do you people think that the waiting period, considering the new launch, is OK?
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congrats,happy motoring
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.