1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello, all you FIATians

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sk16, Apr 19, 2013.

1. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Hi all,

I am Shray from Shivalik, New Delhi.

I had planned getting introduced here long back but was a bit reluctant, thinking what to write and what not. But then my good friend varoon9999 here persisted.
    And now I am realising that this wasn't hard. Could have done it earlier. But then I saw many people owning Fiats for longer periods and joining TFI recently.

Anyhow, lets get on with this.

Well, after a lot of hunting and surveying, TDing cars in the 9-12 lakh bracket, it came down to two cars- Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDi and Fiat Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD.
    Frankly, the Linea was never in the race in my mind earlier but few days before going to the Hyundai dealer it came to my mind that why am I not considering Linea as I loved its exterior; but had no knowledge of whats under the hood or its interior space. On a friday I went to the Hyundai dealer to TD the Verna and take a quotation for the car. On saturday I got to learn that Fiat is breaking up with TATA and their exclusive showroom had already opened up a few months ago at Janpath. The Fiat Caffe. And the very next day, went there to check out the car and TD it. Well, I was quite impressed with the showroom-cum-cafe set-up. The calm environment there, unlike any other showroom where the sales advisers are hustling between customer to customer. But then I thought, FIAT ki gaadi leta to koi hai nahi tabhi khaali pada hai. Anyhow, I took off from that place after about an hour and a half. You can now make out by the amount of time I spent there, how anxious I was about the Linea. TDed it for almost half an hour.

And when I stepped out of the showroom and sat back into my Honda City, I knew that it was the Linea that I am going to buy.

I took some time in finalizing though as I wanted to be bloody sure before making the move. On many points the Fiat should go into introspection like for one, following up their prospective customers. Like for instance, from the very next day I got calls from the Hyundai salesman everyday without miss and not a single call from the Fiat guy(and he was talking about Fiat getting aggressive in the market) BULLSHIT!!!
    Now lets cut short the length of the post. So, in exactly two weeks from the TD, I had a gleaming new Linea Emo 1.3 MJD, minimal grey colour (now about a month old). Already run for about 2000 kms.:dance

A big shout-out to "AXN", who helped a lot in the whole process and sealing the deal with the Noida dealer. Thanks a ton Sirji

Well with this decision I took two new steps- 1. Bought a Fiat having owned Marutis in the past and having a Hyundai and a Honda at present; 2. Moved to diesel from petrol, as I am a petro-head. But my running is a lot, also I love to drive around never thinking how far a place is or how much traffic I'll face , so diesel was my choice.

So, people thats about it. Also I was thinking of sharing the downsides in this car at which I frown upon almost everyday(but no fretting). Then I thought, you all must be knowing them plus I'll save that for other threads and forums, for now lets just introduce myself.

Ciao.

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations & Welcome to the club.
    2000Km in a month. Sure, you needed a diesel.
    Wish you more happy kms in it.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Shray, do open new thread in ownership section.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Shray, Welcome to TFI family
    1 person likes this.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Shray, Welcome to TFI.
    Congratulations on owning the beauty and its completely justified for you to own a diesel :) with the kind of KMs you do.
    Wishing you a lot of happy miles with the beauty.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Hi Shray,Heartly Welcome to TFI..Congratulations on buying Linea MJD..Your beauty is looking awesome and unique in minimal grey colour..Wishing u to clock more miles in ur beauty..
    1 person likes this.
  7. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Will surely do so in a while. Thanks Ravi
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally you made it here..Great,wish you and the sweet Fiat a very wonderful future ahead.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Welcome to tfi buddy.Congrats on your new car, it deserves an ownership thread.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Thanks a ton you guys.
    Ya, will surely put up a post in ownership.