1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello All Team Fiat...!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lineajo, Feb 17, 2014.

1. narinder

narinder

chandigarh
    Hi Prasanna I also own a fiat palio stile multijet and can proudly say fiat cars are the best to drive and own. But without any spare parts in the open market, it really hurts. Even simple spare parts are not avaialble. Do give it a thought before going for any fiat car. If the spares are available then there is no other car like fiat.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Lineajo

Lineajo

Chennai
    I agree to that but looking from the post situation is getting better and I own a 1996 model bullet and I know how hard is to maintain when compared to bikes but the outcome is riding pleasure you get.. I hope I am clear with my choice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @narinder - You shouldn't be generalizing the parts issue as a whole. I agree there are some issues with Palio but still Fiat is supporting to their level best with the parts. To my knowledge all critical parts are available now on order.

With regard to Punto and Linea, most parts are readily available at the FASS and some rare parts are made available in a week or two. I don't see parts as an issue with Fiat cars anymore.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
  4. narinder

narinder

chandigarh
    @ramjn i am not discouraging anyone but we should try to fiat to allow the spare parts in open markets also so that demand for their cars increases which is losing on this count. I sometimes wonder why they dont understand why swift and tata cars are more preferred? they should go to some car market and talk with some mechanics or spare part dealers they will come come to know the reason for their low sales. I had to leave my car twice for 2-10 days for want of simple spare parts like a crved metal pipe for clutch fluid and secnd time for tming chain replacement and it was very agonising leaving car for so many days. My car is 4 and half years old with signs of ewear and tear and spares in the market and dealers say they would get them arranged but they beed time 10-15 days. As proud FIAT car owners we should try to impress upon fiat to introduce spares in the market as well. It would not only benefit the customers but fiat also as it would help them increase their sales.
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Wish the issue was as hopeful as you make it sound to be. Palio parts are not available everywhere. It took more than a year for my friend to receive a critical part. That's tragic by itself considering that his car is just 4 years old! As and when the part did arrive, it was so damn expensive that he moaned and groaned to no end before finally having it fitted. His constant arguments, pleadings and threatenings with the service centres sometimes makes me wonder if it is indeed feasible to own a older Fiat car.
    This, coming from a die hard Fiat fan, is sad indeed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk