1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hello all.Finally got the beast.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Venkat asam, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Venkat asam

Venkat asam Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi all,

After lots of enquires and askings,researches,discussions with different car enthusiast minds finally i booked and got the delivery of New Linea MJD bronz tan a couple of days back.

Am in the middle of 2 days trip and covered 500 kms stretch this monring.
    One word to say... Awesome machine.Suspensions is great.Loved the cruise control its a boon on highways,enjoyed today.These are sweet things.

yes some bitter things are too there.

1.some squeeking sound coming from day 1 at right front side.Yesterday went to FASS and they said that beacuse of some dust accumulated at break pads it is making that sound he did some thourough check and we went for road test,it settled that time.BUt after few kms it again started.Need to visit FASS again.

2.Steering vibarations post 80kmph.just found this in morning stretch.

3.some little scrtaches at door handles and plastic peel of at inside door handle area.

4.suprisingly,there is no plastic lid for tolls keeping storage i guess,which is at dashboard.

5.There are some minor liquid drained like stains which even went off duirng waterwash.

Guys pls give your valuable suggestions.How can make above things turn to be sweet.

Yes as i just checked the VIN before delivery and seems its june maufactured.Because of some hurriness i skipped spotting those minor stains and scratches.its my mistake.Little worried too mates on with issues on brand new car 3 days old car.

2. Sandeep S

Sandeep S Novizio

mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    I wanted to purchase the T Jet 125s but don't know anyone who has bought one. The dealer is offering discount, how much did they offer it to you in Hyderabad
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 25, 2017 ---
    Post some images of your new purchase too. I am so confused about buying this car that I forgot the necessities, congratulations !!

3. Venkat asam

Venkat asam Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hie sandeep.Mine is diesel emotion model. I have taken delivery from Pride motors.They offered me 50k discount and it turned to 11.2 OTR Hyd.I have very good experience with them.Process went very smooth.

I too TDed TJET it is very reponsive.Loved the turbo push and its super disc braking capacity.

Even i was in dielamma from past 5 months and finally i followed my heart.Mind always pushed me to take latest model vehicles but i have justified myself saying internally,”My age is just under 30.And the current purchase is not for entire lifetime its just for span of max 7 years.Still lots of cars in my heart to drive in future,So thsi time just dcided to follow my heart”

Regarding service concerns,As Jeep fiat and Abarth combinely coexists AFAIk there would be no issues because JEEP is already superhit.

IF you not particular about some creature comforts then i always suggest you to go for indias one of the safest sedan,Linea.

4. Sandeep S

Sandeep S Novizio

mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks for the response, I am 42 and wonder if the VW Highline Plus TSI AT is the car I should pick considering how easy it drives and almost matches up the speed of the T jet having said that the T Jet is a serious beast. The VW is too correct and easy, the thing is I have a Skoda for last 8 years and it has served well with zero reliability issue till date. Really wonder if the Fiat can last that long and I could take it for drives anywhere like I take the Skoda. Iam planning a road trip to Jaisalmer from mumbai in whichever new car I buy. Thanks for your help and hopefully I can persist with the Fiat T Jet and make the purchase soon, presently the VW TSI is leading the doubt race in my mind !!

5. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Here are my inputs on your queries..

1. I am getting such squeaking sound intermittently even after 3 years and now I am used to it :).

2. Steering vibrations in the brand new car is definitely a concern. Visit FASS.

3. Scratches can be removed by applying rubbing compound at home itself.

4. This is a surprise. Its there in my car.

5. You can use rubbing compound for such liquid stains also.

Hope this helps. Enjoy..

Venkat asam likes this.
  6. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Looks like defective brake pad. 2 years back; when I got brake pad changed; I started get this sound. After lot of cleaning and other permutation; the pads were replaced and sound was gone

As urs a new car; I hope its just a balancing issue (assuming tire pressure is checked). Other reason could be a deform in the tire threading or a slight bend in alloy. Try swapping the front tire to back (on same side) and check again.

Venkat asam likes this.