1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hell lot confusion : Fiat Punto or Vw Polo (Diesel) (75hp)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Vidit Gupta, May 18, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Go for Polo if you are ready to buy 1.2 TSI and ready to compromise with the seating comfort at rear. Otherwise, it should be Punto.

I would not prefer Polo Diesel anyday. Reason - Noisy 3 cylinder engine and expensive service cost.
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Add niggles with the engine to the equation. Various cases of fuel line leaks and faulty injectors.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Dude did you make your decision yet

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I hope the information what you are getting on thread is helpful and it will help you to take decision. Wish you best luck.

Yesterday I drove Polo diesel and totally disappointed by the refinement level but gear ratios were awsome.

Sent from my MK16i using Forum Runner
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    A friend of mine sold his polo within 12 months of buying it.

Expensive spares - he was quoted 4k for each AC vent and all 4 had broken. No warranty replacements.

Rear seat were uncomfortable due to lack of lumbar support. He spends more time in rear seats as he hired a driver and realised that it was a mistake not checking rear seats during test drive :banghead:

Excessive oil consumption and bad servicr experience from VW was the final nail in the coffin.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. First of all i would like to say sorry to you all for my absence... I was very busy with business, so couldn't replied,

So finally, i booked Punto active 1.3mjd...and promised delivery date is of 13/10/13..
    Yesterday i had been to showroom and as promised car is in the showroom
    But, i have a query regarding tyres
    Do Fiat use jk tyre... I saw them in my punto, they were jk tornado
    I forgot to check on other punto.. So guys which tyre do fiat use in punto... Posting some snaps... Please make sure are these tyres in good condition? ... . Cua i have zero knowledge about tyres... Thank you. 20131011_181131.jpg 20131011_181135.jpg
    4 people like this.
  8. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

Great that you finally booked a Punto. As far as I know, GP Active and Dynamic have JK tyres and Emotion has Goodyear tyres. Though the spare tyre in Emotion is a JK and that too not an Alloy one.
  9. Okay but, these tyres looks fine? I mean there condition, i found them lil old... Do they look like older... I saw trip meter and it is showing 22km H..
  10. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Congrats on booking the Punto.

Looks like tyres are dirty, might be ok after cleaning. Check the VIN number to know the date of manufacturing.

Active and dynamic has 14" jk tyres. Emotion,90hp,sports have 15" Apollo or goodyear tyres