1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Heavy smoke on Palio 1.9 D

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Chetan Raghuveer, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Chetan Raghuveer

Chetan Raghuveer Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    hello all, have been worried for a few days about my Palio D. The car is about 11 years old but reads only 56 K on the odo. I bought it pre-owned car a couple of months ago. There were issue with stuttering and braking. It was fixed by replacing the mount pads and cup, rear cylinder and brake booster. The work was done at SLV motors Uttarahalli, by Mr. NarayanaSwamy and his team. They are experts in this and have done a good job. However off late I have started observing white smoke with minor jerks from the car. Anyone experienced in this issue ??

Many thanks for your replies,
    Regards
    Chetan
  2. Chetan Raghuveer

Chetan Raghuveer Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @pasupathy, sir thank you for your valuable feedback. I have given it to our mechanic hoping that it will be resolved. Will keep you posted on everything.
    Thanks
  3. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    White smoke indicates water vapor in exhaust. Check engine oil. If it looks like an emulsion, it means coolant is getting into engine and mixing with engine oil. Possible case of a blown or leaking head gasket. Check it asap and fix it too.
  4. Chetan Raghuveer

Chetan Raghuveer Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hello Sir, it was checked today and the oil seems to be pretty normal. Our mechanic also had a look at the gasket and it seems to be okay at the first look. There is something strange that I also observed, I used to fill up diesel from IOCL BPCL and or HPCL and it was all okay, I also recently filled at a well known MNC and this started. But today I switched back to Indian companies and today was a smooth ride. I would hate to be presumptuous but would that have an effect ?? The quality of blending?? For now I am taking for a pretty long ride on the same fuel, I am observing this and taking to the garage again. Will update again tomorrow.
  5. Chetan Raghuveer

Chetan Raghuveer Timido

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    [SOLVED] I am happy to inform that the car is now back to what it was meant to do !!! Rule the Road :):) The problem was surely with the fuel that I was using. The oil was topped up with another liter. I made sure the fuel tank was close to empty and refilled it a couple times. I also took it on a 230 Km drive and it was smooth and looking back to normal. In the mornings there is however a little bit of white smoke, but I am hoping that will also vanish in a while. Thats for the feedback its a good learning !!!
    V. K. Pasupathy likes this.
  6. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Great. Then this is not going to be any major thing to be concerned about. Always fill from a COCO bunk or from a reliable fuel bunk and make it a habit too.
  7. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Any feedback?