1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Heavy discount offered on 2014 Linea Dynamic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ravi_linea, May 17, 2015.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    There are other features added in the Dynamic variant like alloy wheels, Auto AC, USB/AUX, leather wrapped steering, Steering mounted audio controls which are useful for one reason or the other. However, easily skippable based on your requirements.
    Leaving all the above features aside, Dynamic variant has Airbags which the Active variant doesn't have. This is highly recommended, so I wouldn't suggest the Dynamic variant out of these two for Airbags. Strangely, fiat india web site doesn't mention airbags in the specifications list for any of the Linea variants. Do check this with the dealer or in the product manual.
    ravi_linea likes this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Even if it's not a td car,it can be a demo car.
    Chennai manufacturing plant??,something fishy,he even might say Shanghai manufacturing plant !
    Tornado likes this.
  3. ravi_linea

ravi_linea Timido

Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yes Bala, he was talking about a Chennai plant in the beginning so today when I asked him just how far the plant was, he told me it was in Ranjangaon Pune ... So I guess...he was absent minded earlier...
    Tornado likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Or,may be he was working with ford or Hyundai earlier.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hmm.. quite expected,
    Dealer 's 'chennai plant 'was a big bluff, it seems, and it is after he realised that you are a well informed & cautious buyer, he must have got relieved him self from your research by informing you that the car is sold out. And probably he was trying to sell you a lemon lying at his own stock yard.

Anyways, dealers & automakers usually prefer top end models as TD cars and Dynamic is not a top end model, so possibility of car being TD car is nil and lemon was high.
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    ravi_linea likes this.
  6. ravi_linea

ravi_linea Timido

Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Saket Sidana I am leaning towards Dynamic now. But having looked at the pics you've shared of the Crackerjacker and a few additional nifty features, I am tempted to try out Emotion :) Man, I am thinking of this car like a toy for myself. :)

Emotion has chrome strips or moulding on the side body. @Vaibhav Rawat recently bought a Dynamic and the lack of side chrome strips is evident. Not saying Dynamic looks bad. But Emotion, takes it to a different level.

The other important feature is the 16 inch alloys on Emotion. This makes a noticeable difference to its stance (they wouldn't have it if it didn't).

Other things that are different are leather upholstery on Emotion and fabric on Dynamic. Cruise control and ambient lighting on Emotion, which are not available on Dynamic. Emotion has two illuminated vanity mirrors whereas Dynamic gets only one.

I can live without the vanity mirror, cruise control, and ambient lighting but the leather upholstery, 16 inch alloys, and chrome strips seem too much to pass up in the look and feel department.

Yet, too many features on a car means, too many things that could go wrong over time.

P.S.: I like how ya'll have named your Fiats creatively: Crusoe, Crackerjacker, Snow Leopard to name a few. But my favorite name on this forum remains @dumbestcoder's "Bagheera". Great name!

I gotta sleep now. I am losing sleep over this car!
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @ravi_linea, I opted for the Emotion variant than Dynamic primarily due to 16'' Alloys, ambient lighting and leather upholstery. Those 16'' alloys fill up the tyre arch so well. I was upgrading from Santro [yes, you read it right] and wanted to have all the bells and whistles and was getting a good discount also. I got it at around 9.70 L on road as excise benefits were available that time and ex showroom price of TJet emotion was 9.02L then. However, I have read posts which suggests that dynamic version due to 15'' alloys is more plush to drive but haven't tried myself.
    Cruise control: I have used it on highway drives but find it useless on our roads, except for giving rest to your legs for a moment or two to relax. I haven't been able to use them for more than a minute continuously even on highways as you need to brake too often for one reason or the other. Also, TJet is not the machine to be driven with cruise control[c'mon why], you need to hit the pedal to feel it and I prefer it that way. :rolleyes:

Once you buy it, you would lose sleep over it then also. So, you can't escape from it now and are trapped.;)
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    If he says again anything like chennai plant..
    Tell him,
    There are plants in Chennai like jasmine plant,rose plant,croton plant but for sure no Fiat plant !
    ravi_linea, bharath and jumu like this.
  9. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Any updates @ravi_linea ? :)
    Sorry for late reply. I was out of action for a short visit to my home town.
    Regarding your confusion with Linea, I have just came back from a trip of 2.5k kms from Raipur, CG. This machine is pure dream on highways. Handles like a beauty. It kept me cool, cozy and comfortable throughout in continuous 45 plus degrees temperature.
    I would suggest go ahead with Tjet, any variant , it wont let you down.