1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Heartbroken , two consecutive days Fiat broken down

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by avithe1, Jul 17, 2014.

1. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Guys,

I love Fiat cars, they look better than most of the cars here.
    I read a lot of forums and have made up my mind to buy a fiat one day.

The story is that its raining heavily in Mumbai since a few days and I witnessed two fiat cars broken down on the side of the road on Western Express Highway two consecutive days :(

What breaks my heart is that I was dropping two of my friends , who did not want to ride their bikes because of very heavy downpour.
    Both of them know that I love Fiat cars. One of them was discussing Hyundai Xcent as he wishes to buy it.
    I started bragging about the Punto and Linea , this continued for the next 10 minutes and then I saw all cars in my lane taking the left lane.
    It was a broken down punto with parking lights ON and open hood , in standing in the heavy rain.
    They laughed a lot at me.
    Worse is that just a day before I saw a Linea too broken down on the same highway , I did not say a word about it to them.

I know it could happen to any car, but my friend who was shying away from fiat and who was just starting to show interest in the linea said he would never buy one :(

BTW, this does not affect me , I am going to buy a Fiat as soon as soon as I get my finances right :)
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    No Need to break your heart, this can affect any car from buggati veyron to Alto, in heavy downpour strategy is in first gear drive all the way, make sure don't drop RPM to stall engine, and no water entered through exhaust.

I have seen 3 cars broke down in same line in Hyd:- A BMW 320D, One TR marked new Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT and One Verito Cab, so it can happen to any Car.
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    What is not clear is why they were broken down, tyres, user error like getting cars serviced irregularly or from some inexperienced fellows or getting bad service from some FASS themselves.

The owner for best car servicing for FIAT in Mumbai stays at Mira Road. Have no doubts at all just buy the car and be happy. And don't listen to most Mumbaikars for that matter they are largely a Honda and Maruti or Hyundai loving people. Only intelligent and educated people who are willing to go against the trend to experience some awesomeness go for Fiats. And mind you they are growing in majority too. ;)

TFI Mumbai guys will help you keep the car trouble-free, there are some very intelligent, experienced and enthusiast guys in this local club from Mumbai, Thane, Navi-Mumbai, Dombivali including Mira-Bhayandar for local support. So again go ahead with your dreams without any doubts.
    1 person likes this.
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Even Hyundai cannot guarantee that Xcent will not breakdown at any situation.We are all just playing gambles here.Anyone's car can breakdown at anytime;).Cool man.
  5. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    What Suman & asimpleso said is correct. Any vehicle can breakdown fiat is not the exception. But one thing i can tell you if you are properly maintaining the car you will not be getting any problem again this is for any make. But considering the probability MJD & Tjet are the one of the best engines available in india.

Fiat Bashers are there everywhere, dont take these things to heart. Iam doing the same thing now. Before taking my vehicle everybody pulled me back. But iam the person enjoying my beauty. Only real owners(Drivers) know about the capability of these machienes. Actually it will connect to your heart/mind what ever it may be.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes, cars do break down,my Linea had also broken down once,what to do,just take it with a pinch of salt.
    Any car or machine can break down.
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Its not about the cars. Its about people.

Most of the people don't have a clue about how to drive in rain & where there is standing water. They just try to cross it in full speed & the engine invariably stutters and water gets into exhaust. That causes 99% of the problem.

About 7 years back during a particularity bad rain at night, I saw about 15-20 cars from BMW, Mercs to 800 all standing. And this was in diplomatic area of NDMC where the roads & sewage system is supposed to be best in the country.
    1 person likes this.
  8. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Guys as I already said , I am going to buy a FIAT only and no other car :)
    Also you know what , there may be other broken down cars too but nothing catches my eyes except for the punto and the linea nowadays ;)

Really ? Who ? Where?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Cannot mention name on Forum. Remember to PM me once you get the car, I will introduce you guys.