1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HEALTH IS WEALTH - Medical Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by asimpleson, Jun 19, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am not sure I know what oil pulling means, but for gargling I find listerene works pretty well. I am looking for a solution that helps reduce plaque built-up. I am a teaholic.. :(

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes so true Ramjn, I am sure we are just at the beginning, this thread has potential to be one of the top busy threads from the looks of it. ::T

@Bala, I am happy that this thread turned out to be far from boring as thought it would probably be. What do you think?
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Abdul, you had written that you HAD blood pressure,I also said the same to my cardiologist to which he laughed and said that it will not go.
    He was right,even my bp was normal for about a year with out medicines, but when it came back, it was rebound on a higher level, I still repent for discontinuing bp tablets assuming that I was normal in between,because the damges done to various organs would have been irreversible.
    Please do not club diabetes and hypertension just as life style disorders, they are not.
    Please consult another allopathy doctor,all doctors are not bad.
    All your life style modifications could may be alevaiate but not cure a disease.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Simpleson, what do I think?
    Usually in cases like orphanges, old age homes, people usually do not wish them to grow.
    This one is also like that, I do not want anyone to have health issues at all.
    2 people like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think there is a strong message in this statement of yours Bala. I would also like to think the cure of disease or reversal or alleviation should be possible. But also from layman's perspective, would it be safe to say that further deterioration of health (organs etc.) could be retarded to a great extent.

I so appreciate the thought and thank the gods (of this forum :) ) to create such a kind community. Kudos to all of you guys..!

@Ramjn, on the point of Siddha Ayurveda, I saw the videos but couldnt gather much apart from a few english references between Tamil lines. I have always wondered about the term 'Siddha ayurveda' and from the overall looks of things I have read about it, it is a great or potent way to diagnose, administer and treat some very serious health issues if not all. I will be glad if some salient features of this treatment methodology or ideology could be shared in simple english.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  4. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    When I shifted to Chennai from Hyderabad , I was 101 kgs (6 years back) and over the time in next 2 years with ghost shifts and early morning Vada's at 4 am and too many sweets, pepsi and chocolates at odd times. I went on up-to 121kgs :eek: . Might sound funny I searched for Shops who sell 44" jeans n 46" shirt. :A
    In Jul' 2010 I thought of reducing my weight as I'm not getting 44" jeans n 46" shirt,
    I took the normal diet (Day-1 (Only Fruits no banana), Day-2 (Only Vegetables), Day-3 (Mix of box day 1&2), Day-4 (couple of glasses milk& 6 bannas), Day-5 (anything I wanted)), I followed it for 15 days with No-sugar and No-salt (supplemented with lemon for taste) . I used to walk for almost 10kms a day and sometimes from my office in kodambakkam to Anna Nagar west . After 15 days I stopped the long walks and back to normal diet .
    In Aug'2010 I was 82 kgs , 38" jeans 42" shirt

Now when ever I feel I am putting too much weight . I eat normally and will go for cycling/walking 6-10 kms for one week.
    I should start again now, kept it on hold as I am on vacation to Leh during July'1st week. ( 2 weeks of vacation with friends,no proper food and lot walking for sightseeing will reduce few kilo's) :dance:dance:dance
    3 people like this.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    No simpleson, there is no way to prevent various organs from getting damaged in disease like diabetes and hypertension if one is not on proper medication, why do you think fatal diseases like renal failure happen?
    I only wish Abdul gets back to his medicines after reading this, even if Bp is normal, antihypertensive drugs act like vitamins to heart, anti hypertensive drugs help and are prescribed in various other diseases in a possitive way, so it only helps if taken even in bp is normal if taken in a proper dosage.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Not to negate any of the facts you mentioned but my Grandfather who was diagnosed with Diabetes in his late 40s lived upto 88 without medication of diabetes. He was in police so my dad pursuaded him to take early retirement and move back to village from Mumbai to take interest in farming activities. This along with clean air and some very organic diet and strict restrictions about food timings he was able to live a very healty diet and was never bed-ridden ever till he passed away at the mentioned age. He was never on any allopathy or other medicines and the farm and farming activities were his biggest medicine along with diet ofcourse.

- - - Merged Post - - -

@ Abdul, I think careful monitoring of the condition via tests and management of the problem before it reaches newer levels is what Bala is stressing about. One thing is clear, one must not be complacent about one's own medical condition/s.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Kiran, you are a star, if only you would open a slimming centre with your experience and with your picture for proof,you can buy a jaguar in 3 montns:)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Simpleson, even my grandfather lived happily till 83 years, without visting an allopathy doctor, even before he passed away he survived in coma for more than a year.
    But science by your side, why take chances.
    Diabetes with hypertension is a deadly combination, which a patient might not know, only his or her survivors will come to know later, yes, I want to scare Abdul.

Abdul, I do not know about Chennai, there are really good and knowledgeable doctors in my place,yes,a hospital is the worst place to visit, it would be sickening, but what to do?
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Great will power you have there, Kiranrv. Wish most of us could follow your steps. Certainly I know now what it takes to achieve what you did.

- - - Merged Post - - -

It would be foolish of anyone to argue in contrary to what you have said. Certainly alteast check-ups are in order for those feeling healthy otherwise.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Kiran, get these tests done.
    1.lipid profile
    2.thyroid function tests.
    3.urea and creatinine levels.
    4.ultrasound abdomen.
    5.ecg and echo.
    I know this is unsolicited advice, but you might need drugs for cholesterol, to prevent heart vessels from getting blocked leading to a heart attack, sorry, if I scared you.
  10. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    I feel pollution, food habits and not having at-least a sound sleep of 6 hours which is making a heavy impact on our health.
    I read somewhere that if we are not giving our body 6 hours rest everyday, our health goes from bad to worse, may be Bala Sir can throw some light on this line

- - - Merged Post - - -

Whenever I see an offer from Thyocare once in 6 months, I go for it (just to check how is my internal body doing)

1.lipid profile - Checked it some 6 months back and it is normal
    2.thyroid function tests. - Checked it some 6 months back and it is normal
    3.urea and creatinine levels. - Checked it some 6 months back and it is normal
    4.ultrasound abdomen. - I will get this done (did it couple of years back , it was normal then)
    5.ecg and echo. - I will get this done (never done till date)

I thank you for your advice, I will share the reports once I get it in hand. I can save my doctor bills :) , you never scared me :p