1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HEALTH IS WEALTH - Medical Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by asimpleson, Jun 19, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thinai, Saamai, Kai Kuthal and varagu are very good alternative to our regular white rice. Recently, I saw that this is available in a restaurant in Karaikudi for lunch. Just that we need to order for it and wait for 10-15 mins. for them to cook and serve is. But, it is available everyday with them.
  2. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Thank you for sharing. Treating auto-immune diseases with allopathy drugs needs to be carefully done.

My close family member is RA positive. Methotrexate was prescribed by a doctor in US in early 2011. We preferred Ayurveda with yoga and pranayam. It has done wonders in controlling RA. Allopathy doctors in December 2014 said that there are no symptoms of RA. Blood reports do show RA positive. But there is no pain and swelling without any medication for last few months. Doctors say this is false positive. Keeping fingers crossed that this will remain as is. Only medication now taken is Vitamin D.
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i am being hammered on my tummy by the advices :D . i will act upon the tips from tomorrow,nopes from today :)
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ramesh,
    You don't need another ENT opinion,that advice by both doctors is actually to keep their cars running :(, most surgeries are done for monetary benefits,worse,they don't even do surgeries but still would collect all the fee,you wouldn't know, only another doctor would be able to detect that but he too wouldn't tell you.
    Since the time insurance policies came into picture,most surgeries are done or pretended to be done only to fill the coffers of the doctors.
    In your case if you had needed the surgery, you would have sought consultation by yourself and not been detected during a routine check up.
    For your information,nobody has equal amount of pathways on both sides of the nose, it might be lesser on one side, that does not warrant a surgery unless you have symptomatic problems.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    4 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Bala.

My family members are more worried than me because of this even though I say that it may not be needed. To confirm this, can I take any scan to rule out the surgery 100%?
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes, sure.
    A ctscan done at a private centre would cost you 3 k out of which 1 k will go to the doctor.
    You can get it done in medical colleges like Balaji medical college,where it would be substantialy cheaper with out commissions.
    Be informed that CTScan does have radiation hazards,nevertheless you can get it done.
    Ask for CT Scan PNS at the scan centre, if they insist on a doctor's recommendation you shall go to a doctor.
    At Govt hospitals it costs only 500 rs

- - - Merged Post - - -

Beer reducing tummy?!, it only increases it,directly proportional.
    Wine consumed in small amount is said to be of help, I don't know
    1 person likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    :D Bala, your matter of factly way of telling things can be a laughter riot, thanks for reiterating the facts..! It's funny in it's own ways, yet you could'nt be more clear. ::T
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Ramesh, go easy on the cereals, though they mean fibre, it is not easy to digest the outer layer. If you notice not all birds eat nuts and cereals, they need special digestion to break the outer barrier which is actually a protection for the seed to survive upto deposition on the soil. Similarly the much touted brown rice has phytic acid which prevents absorbtion of nutrients. If you notice, in tamil nadu, ragi is used fermented to make ragi koozh and many of the grams are better off sprouted to increase the bio availability and make it easier to digest. So improve digestion and your stomach will digest concrete too. If digestion is slow it leads to all round straining of the body. So have the food steamed. Never ever ever microwave anything that you eat.

Abdul
    4 people like this.
  9. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    All the guys who want to reduce weight, I think it is easy once you learn how to put on and off weight .. I'm sharing my pics how I used to be over the last few years

Jan 2010
    Jan-2010.jpg

Sep-2010

Sep-2010.jpg

Nov-2012
    Nov-2012.jpg

Nov-2013
    Nov-2013.jpg

May-2014
    May-2014.JPG

delete this post, If I'm not supposed to use my photo's
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Never ever, ever ever, ever ever say such things. That's Arnab's way by the way, certianly not my way ::D

Anyways man we are totaly cool. What I meant is we should be more careful insinuating things like quackery etc. Compelling not as in court cases, but more over compelling facts if you have to present. And no mate why should you think I took a personal offense over a non-personal thing.

You do realise that for Homeopathy drugs off the counter available at pharmacy cannot always work. FYI, not Dr. Batra's but some other brand of homeopathic medicine worked for someone known to me with intermittent knee pains who was fed up of applying Diclofenac based oinments. Therefore all I ask is better restraint, before using words like quackery. You never know if a particular brand works for someone else.

Would'nt it be nicer if you asked if certain medicine worked rather than motivating opinion about a product or brand. Just asking it be given a fair chance.

Take it or leave it mate, nothing serious..!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Well if you put it that way... anyways I thought we should do it for better reasons like fitness for longevity etc., that's a better reason I thought :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

That's what I keep telling people and they look at me as if I am mad. :( ::D

Thanks for your great posts Abdul, quiet some interesting and great views on nutrition in your posts. Keep posting more such authentic info.