1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HEALTH IS WEALTH - Medical Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by asimpleson, Jun 19, 2014.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It is strange why the medicine for swine flu by the name Tamiflu is not available in all pharmacies?. Can anybody claify.

Abdul
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Strange indeed, not sure why there are not stocks. It is there on WHO site making it quite an essential drug.
    http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/93142/1/EML_18_eng.pdf?ua=1
    mentioned on page 13.

tamiflu.jpg
  3. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I believe governments have blocked the sale of this medicine through pharmacies to control the availability. Governments procure it from pharma companies and make them available through government hospital network. That is a way to create artificial scarcity!

Thanks for bringing up this topic. See http://ayurveda-foryou.com/ayurveda_herb/guduchi.html. This is known as "Amrutha Balli" in Kannada. Meaning of the phrase is "vine of immortality". It is a very important ingredient in many Ayurvedic medicines. Grows vigorously without much care. I have it in my garden. We consume the leaves of this vine in the form of "tambuli" (See http://recipesfrmsouthindia.blogspot.in/2009/08/tambuli.html for general description of "tambuli"). I found it very difficult to grow and use plants in a city - unless one has a big plot of land. Therefore I left the city and moved to my native place more than a year back to live in a healthier environment and grow, use and promote plants as natural health alternative.

Plants are amazing source of medicines. For example - Papaya leaf juice is known to be very beneficial for treating Dengue. Apart from that it has several other health benefits too. See http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/benefits-of-papaya-leaf-for-skin-hair-and-health/

Use plants. Be healthy :) You will not have to meet a doctor (I have forgotten when I met a doctor last time).
    Sujit508, naruf1 and asimpleson like this.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

There is no scarcity in the real sense. All over the world, this is how it is done. Only sell to govt. It has a one year expiry. Every twelve months , media will cooperate in the scare, govt will buy, then scare will be over. Why? when all other medicines are available everywhere. This is business of fear. You can find this info everywhere :) This is the only way new age pharma business will ever have traction and business.

Abdul
    RaviHegde and asimpleson like this.
  5. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes, pharma is a business of fear. Cardiovascular and life style diseases are silently killing millions every year. But swine flu or bird flu killing few hundreds makes so much noise because the industry tries to create fear and sell preventive medicines and vaccines to people. Even the vaccination to children is probably a racket because I am hearing lot of bad things about vaccines like very toxic ingredients used in vaccines as preservatives and resulting autism in US kids. I fell for the propaganda, thought vaccines are all good and got all of them injected to my son. Luckily he escaped unharmed (or with minimal harm). You should seriously think over it if you have young children of vaccination age. Having strong natural immunity is better than paying pharma companies to get into trouble!
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It grows abundantly in a natural way, more near or around mango plantations as in my native place too.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2015 ---
    Even as this is true as you say, apart from vaccination what are the sure shot ways to immunity against crippling strains of bacterial or viral infections. Given that some are still not 100% eradicated.

When you are staying in populated regions chances of infections are higher, so natural immune could still be compromised esp. within a certain age group when the susceptibility to infections is higher..
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  7. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    After working in one of the world's top biotech companies for some time I have started disliking them (biotech and pharma industry) seriously. I have become a naturalist now. Therefore I feel living more naturally is the best thing to do. Then the body has strong immunity to fight most of the diseases. Some strong and virulent diseases can still attack. In that case deal with it in the best possible way at that point of time. Until then be happy, don't worry :) That itself will protect you from many problems!
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I only wish Dr.Hegde never gets the need to visit a cardiologist or for that matter any doctor and wish he had found a cure to swine flu and prevented 1000 s of mortalities and he is entitled to have his own views about doctors and live in a paradise devoid of doctors.
    Tornado and nibedk like this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently done my blood histogram and found that Triglycerides count is 178 which should be within 0-150.
    How to bring this down ? Easy methods please :)
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Go for coronary risk factors report. Read further on this - http://www.aminspathlab.com/help.html#q3
    You may want to look at many more factors than triglycerides levels to ascertain risk levels if any.
    Your GP should be able to bring those levels down with some medications and diet and exercise (like walking). Once in control in the short term and immediately following that I would suggest to consult a qualified Ayurveda practitioner to counter/curtail the various factors needed to keep a proper balance for the long term. @Bala or @PaddleShifter, kindly comment further where needed.
    Ganges likes this.