1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlight queries for my Punto

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by deba, Feb 7, 2013.

1. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys i have few queries regarding the Headlamps in my Punto-

1. I want to upgrade my headlamp bulbs-
    a. Is the Philips 100/110w okay or are there better options,
    b. How much of wattage does the wirings support,
    c. Any damage to the electrical system, and
    d. I am also worried bout the reflectors getting damaged because of the extra heat.

2. The beam throw of my left headlight is higher then the rights and since it is positioned at the max height level (0) they said the right beam cannot be increased any further. The other option was to get the left beam lower but then the light throw will be too low.

3. Also want to change the bulbs of the bumper fog lamps.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The left beam will be bit more than right beam, by design, to avoid glare to on-coming vehicle.

For your other queries, please do a search, lots of threads are already there on same/similar topics.
    3 people like this.
  3. deba

deba Amatore

itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry for the trouble but i had gone through a few threads before posting but i didnt get all the answers. So instead of writing only the specific query (for which i didnt get the answer) i thought i'll write down all the queries i have.

And Thanks for the reply, okay so its a safety feature.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @deba

Please read post # 33 from Royj from this thread. You will get better understanding what Ravi is saying.
    2 people like this.
  5. deba

deba Amatore

itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the link, and I think I am capable enough to have an understanding of what someone is trying to say to me
    For Gods sake it was just an honest inquiry.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    My answers in red. BTW, buddy kedar only pointed you to a thread that already has some information that you are seeking. That means, he read and understood your questions, made an effort to locate the relevant thread, and posted and to the same. Where is the need to get defensive? We are just a large family here, with a common passion, trying to help each other. All in good spirit.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  7. deba

deba Amatore

itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am sorry to all you guys at TFI I didn't mean for any of this when I was putting in this post. I am new here and still trying to find my way around and fit in and be a part of the family.

Please please don't take it otherwise, but if I had so much knowledge about the headlights and bulbs I wouldn't have had any queries in the first place. Sir I lo my car and want to improve it but as much as i love it i am not that well versed with its technicalities so please forgive my rather naive looking queries.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @PatchyBoy thanks for the support. :up

@deba

1) Forum has Google Custom Search option and you can get resolution of your query in search results quickly.
    2) Before posting any quest first search the complete forum,you might get resolution there itself.
    3) The post which I pointed out is a pictorial representation of Ravi's comments and yes it help to understand better than words. (Experts please comment)
    4) Being an Esperto its my job to help new members & I was doing my job.
    5) Please try to avoid such defensive language as no one is perfect and all of us are helping each other as a big family.
    6) As you are new here, I am requesting you to go through these Announcements & Suggestions and Improvements from mods and admin to understand the forum.
    7) I hope you dont mind with these comments. Cheers :) :up

Welcome to Team FIAT India and I hope we will have great time here. Cheers. :drinks
    2 people like this.
  9. deba

deba Amatore

itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks and yes last night i went through the forums and got what i needed, well actually i wasnt aware of the options available. I should have taken the time and gone through the forums available properly,, now i know. Next time on i'll go thru the forums first to get the answers. Please forgive my language if it has offended anyone here at TFI. Call it a rookie mistake :sad1 and lets move on :) .
    2 people like this.