1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlight Plastic cracked and clamp broken - Quality Issue?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Viny, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Hi,

Recently I saw there was a small amount of water condensation inside left head light. I visited the TASS, and showed them. They opened up the bumper and got back to me saying that headlight clamp is broken and there was one more crack seen on the inner plastic of lamp. :shocked

I seriously dont understand how would a headlight clamp break or there could be a crack on headlight inner plastic body, when a car has not meet any accident neither any damage is seen on anything else. My car is parked in secured parking with no one messing around. Also I didnt had any accident that could break that.

I am worried about bad plastic quality here, has anyone heard about any plastic issues with headlight etc.

Vinit
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @viny, world is a vampire! How could you simply believe those s**t-heads?? Did showed the culprit to you?? If not ask em to check it again front of you. This world(specially Tasc's world) is not so easy brother!
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Ya he brought the entire headlight assembly out and showed me hair line crack at the back of headlight (black plastic region).
    But no one was able to figure out cause for same as there where no marks of any kind of serious hitting / accident to cause the damage.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Hairline cracks are only possible if a stone hits when the car is in motion.It is possible!! This would've happened without u knowing.If ur located in mumbai and travel frequently on the western express highway then chances are more.This happened to my bike's headlight and i noticed it recently :-(
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have faced a similar issue with my punto headlights reflector, I have bought new lights twice and both the times either of the four clamps inside tht hold the reflector were broken after sometime, even though there was no good reason for such a thing to happen. It certainly reflects that the quality is just not up there with plastics breaking this easy
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Well i dont think some stone will fly inside the engine bay and hit the light so hard, other than that, I think the area where is aw the crack is hidden inside.

Thats really bad, it could be real bad scene if it happens on a long night drive, with no lights it would be painful