1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

headlight lamp change (low beam)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by varin11, Jan 19, 2016.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My left side low beam lamp gone kaput I could easily remove the left side bulb (thanks to instruction posted on teamfiat) .Now the issue is which changeover bulb I should use.Am not fan of high light bulbs as 90% of my commuting is in city limits, so those high funda expensive lamps are out.

I came across Bosch H7 55w halogen bulbs..Rs 150 per unit.Its cheaper to the stock Phillips one.Any reviews on the Bosch bulbs guys compared to the stock one or any other brands I can buy.

The right side lamp is still the stock Phillips H7 55w 12972ll.

upload_2016-1-19_20-1-56.jpeg
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Headlights are of H4 and not H7,correct me if i'm wrong.i have philips rally h4 100/90W.Just realised H7 only with Low beam and has same socket holder type as of H4. :). Why dont you opt for H4,always useful if you have sudden/surprise highway trips.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    H4 bulb and H7 bulb have different holders and are not interchangeable

H7 Bulb
    H7.jpg

H4 Bulb

H4.jpg
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes. The Linea has a separate H7 bulb for low beam and H1 bulb for high beam. The Punto has a single H4 bulb for both. The H4 bulb has two filaments - one for high and one for low.
    Ganges likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i'm planning to shift to LED's for all the lightings on my punto, especially Headlights,Turn Indicators,Brake light and Stop lights.
    Headlights :- 40W with two Cree LED's with driver(plug and play).For rest all Canbus(Error Free) LED's from ebay(1156/T20 Turn indicators and 1157/T20 Brake and Stop lights).Lets see how it goes.
    mathuranuj, Anup and kunwar.g like this.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Linea has H7 bulb for low beam and its not interchangeable with H4 since different connectors...couldn't find the stock bulb (phillips 12v 55w) so I went for bosch H7 12v 55w.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2016 ---
    Let me know when its done ....i would be interested in the same.
    Ganges likes this.
  8. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    It would be interesting to see the output and quality if the LED lights on your Car. Please post your experience here.
    Ganges likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ensuring the intensity as high priority at cost of few more bucks.The more the intensity, the LED's looks more stylish