1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamps sputter and die

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, Jun 23, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yesterday on a long night drugs with I noticed that the headlamps started to have a mind of it's own.
    I was visibly able to see that the intensity of the bulb auto magically used to change I immediately feared the worse and started to drive slowly in the view that it might go bust anytime.
    Why did this happen?
    I'm running on 110/130 Phillips

Finally towards the end of my journey it happened and the left headlamp dies out. It was hardly 6 months old.

And just after I reach my friend's place I see that the headlamp assy of the one remaining bulb had turned murky.
    Felt like that case was translucent.

I thought I need to replace the assy now and in the morning I saw that everything was clear. Any ideas on this.

Lastly I'm now sticking to 55/60 only xtreme vision probably and throw that relay.

My fog lamp is also busted what is the rating and size of that.

Please let me know why the above issues occurred

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
  2. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Intensity going up and down is usually caused by loose contact.

Headlamp assy has turned murky as in the plastic in front has become translucent? Running 110/130 has melted/additional heat has changed the plastic inside.

It is not the relay's fault; more of extra heat coming from the 110/130 bulb.

Fog lamps are usually of 55W rating. bulb type, check in owner's manual.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks. I anyway bought xtreme visions and will be using it from now on. Hopefully things will be fine.
    Now going to do the eyes surgery let's see

4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    But one thing I noticed though the lamps died MID didn't show any warnings any ideas