1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes diesel engines (all modern ones with injectors esp.) and also old ones need power for glow plugs etc. A dead battery will need jump starter atleast. But a dead battery + a faulty alternator can be a bigger problem.

First you will need to make sure the alternator is perfect and charging at a steady 13.7 with headlights and AC on and not exceeding 14.2-5 while charging.

In rare cases the battery could pose a problem, find the warranty card or contact dealer from whom you purchased vehicle for battery replacement.

- - - Merged Post - - -

EDIT : Jump Starter meaning extra battery to jump start, via regular key ingnition. Dont try to dhakka start, power steering can be a pain to move and it could be dangerous.
  2. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    even if the engine is running the pilot lamps used to dim a bit when brake lamps light up..this was easily noticeable in garage ..

Sent from my MyPhone Agua Rio using Tapatalk
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A weak alternator will kill a healthy battery in no time. So even if a recharge does revive a battery it's health deteriorates and the cranking power reduces. This also affects the car in other ways. The alternator and battery both should be healthy at the same time for a trouble free car. Since you have not made any electrical alterations, please check the wiring once for cuts or shorts and also the fuse box, fuses and relays. Chances of relays draining battery also need to be ruled out. (it happens in rare instances.)

- - - Merged Post - - -

There are two fuse and relay boxes at minimum AFAIK.

- - - Merged Post - - -

One is inside the bonnet and other right hand below steering.
  4. thinkagain

thinkagain Timido

Srinagar
    Hello. I'm having a problem with my Punto. When i turn on the left indicator, it does not self cancel. Right one works fine. When the car is stand still, the indicator stalk cancels fine but when the car is moving, left stalk doesn't auto cancel.
    There is no service center at my place. Please guide me how to rectify this problem myself.
    Thanks
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I dont think that will be a easy DIY. There are few members in Srinagar, take guidance from them or some garage who deals with Fiat.
    All the best.
  6. thinkagain

thinkagain Timido

Srinagar
    Any guesses what could be the problem?
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    This entire combination stalk(LHS & RHS) has very small screws kind of thing which if went loose this kind of thing happens. If by its own it went to original place all will be fine.

It happened in my 15 yr old 800, left indicator was not working; whole combination was opened and put together again.
  8. thinkagain

thinkagain Timido

Srinagar
    Thanks for the info
  9. Vaishal

Vaishal Timido

India
    Hey facing the same problem..... :(

were you able to find a solution
  10. Pointed

Pointed Timido

NEW DELHI
    NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Confused between these, which one to order, these modifications specially the headlamp.

swfi09lgx.jpg 316802lentilles.jpg 28arpxc.jpg angel eyes negros para fiar grande punto kptuning.jpg day-line-grande-punto.jpg dectane-led-tail-lights-fiat-grande-punto-05-black-p60421.jpg 940257.jpg dectane-led-tail-lights-fiat-grande-punto-05-chrome-p60422.jpg dectane-led-tail-lights-fiat-grande-punto-05-red-crystal-p60423.jpg 977988evolentilles.jpg farol-projector-angel-eyes-fiat-punto-0709-cada-13912-MLB118238984_4347-O.jpg 06072008140zu8.jpg mattig-fiat-grande-punto-headlight-lid-p3278.jpg hqdefault.jpg lsd-doors-fiat-grande-punto-lambo-style-doors-p3626.jpg SSA51971.jpg dsc03685o.jpg