1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Check this thread for more details. I assume that the battery is working fine and its the lock button rubber which has gone bad or may be the contacts. The thread shows how to open the case and service. Please do the same at your own risk if you want to save the workshop visit and charges.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/10941-desmodronic-key-jammed.html
  2. Vishuu..

Vishuu..

Bangalore
    Battery Getting drained frequently (then roof light issue after checkup)

Hi All.

Punto 1.3MJD 2013 model, frequently the battery was getting drained and when I went for the first service to AADYA MOTORS Bangalore made the technician to have a look at it, he unplugged some fuses and plugged it on other slots. Now the battery getting drained is stopped but the roof light inside the Car has stopped working(with in the year the bulb might not get failed) .

Some of my doubts are:
    - Was there any short circuit with the roof light inside the car :confused:
    - Was there any problem with the fuse :confused:
    - Is the roof light has gone away :confused:

Again a check up was made at Bhagyodaya FIAT Bellary my native but no use.

If anyone found same issues and got it solved please suggest... :rolleyes:
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Just in case your car is in warranty get the keys replaced for free.
  4. Thanks everyone for your replies. The battery is working fine but it is the issue with the lock button rubber as rightly pointed by ghodlur.
  5. I have a problem with abs too. I checked my right rear wheel and I found loose wire. May be this is a problem. I dont know yet. I dont know if it is a sensor problem. Please help. here are photos of right and left rear wheels. in WP_20140609_001.jpg WP_20140609_002.jpg WP_20140609_004.jpg WP_20140609_006.jpg
  6. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    Weak battery

Our car was left idle for 16days and battery was completely dead. Battery is hardly 1.6 yrs old . this is the second time this happening but last time it was about a month so that was the issue, but it shouldn't go dead for 16 days right...also can we start the diesel vehicles when battery is completely dead.?does even diesel engine hav that injectors like petrol which require some amount of battery to even push start..

Sent from my MyPhone Agua Rio using Tapatalk
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The best way to avoid this issue is to disconnect the battery if the peior od non sage of cars is quite long. One possible cause of the battery drain in your case might be that the battery might be near to the end of its life. Get the battery checked, if required replace it.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If battery is in good condition, should not dry in 16 days or even in a month, unless there is some leak, or something is using battery power.
    Have you modified any electrical items in your car?

But for now, yeah either get it jump started or get battery charged.
  10. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    got the battery charged..but the battery guy said its a bit weak, the car is complete stock no modifications. but the car is 1.6yrs old and ran only 5k on odo is that the issue?
    also want to know can we push start the vehicle if the battery is completely drained?

Sent from my MyPhone Agua Rio using Tapatalk