1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Keep the little hammer inside of car. In an emergency it may helpful.
  2. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    The locking and unlocking while driving happened to me within a week after I got my car delivered. .. finally at FASS it got rectified. .. it's strange that a new car can have this kind of problem. ... Sometimes I really doubt about Fiat's QC process. ..

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    My Linea MJD's steering button controls behave erratic and below are the symptoms :

- the FM 91.1 frequency, has some weird issue, when I press previous or next station, it tries and comes back to 91.1FM ...a quick 3-4 times press changes the station - other FM station works fine and some times I face issue in few of them...FASS clueless

- any button on steering apart from BLue n Me windows button doesn't work in the 1st press...repeated press does the job

- if a incoming call, have to press multiple time to receive it, likewise to end the call hold it for 4-5 seconds(I think disconnection is normal behavior so as to prevent accidental disconnection)

- the same set of buttons work well if I play CD's

- USB stick also plays well and responds to steering buttons.

in conclusion, and I believe my diagnosis is right, then the suspect is the Radio.., should I ask for a change in audio unit?

what I haven't tested is AM frequency and its response.

also on the head unit volume control, it's highly sensitive and even a turn to increase the volume it goes to zero volume.. Takes 2 -3 turns clockwise to get appropriate volume settings...

any inputs for me?

-
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Click on the Menu button of your Radio Player and select AF Switching to OFF.
    After turning that OFF go, on the Menu and scroll until you see an option which states something like External Volume and reduce it to either 15 or below.</SPAN>

Regarding your switches on the steering wheel, as the buttons are new you should try to be delicate with it and try to click at the exact center of the button and also the size of the USB media player shouldn't exceed 4GB, the bigger you go the longer time the Media player takes to build the Media Library.
    B&me is like a fussy kid who does not like all phones, just see this link to help you understand better.

http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx/index.aspx?brand=fga&lang=en#/support/compatibilitaCellulari/</SPAN>
    </SPAN>
    The problem can be your phone as well which can get hanged at time may be while catching network or while loading an app or finding an update anything so if this happens sometimes then yes it is acceptable or even if there are more than 2 paired phones at once even then it can cause interference.</SPAN>
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Anup, thanks mate. but I don't use my phone with BnM and note this is my second FIAT so have some fair know how on BnM and its rants...

I am light handed in pressing the buttons on steering wheel, and hardly use usb stick as I'm happy with FMs in Bangalore.

the auto scan feature is disabled, which I forgot to mention initially...

As the steering controls send pulse or signals (?) I believe it could be some issue in electronics or the signals to radio or the head unit itself., bcos this happens majorly on the 91.1 FM frequency...
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I too face the same issue. How to resolve this? I have mentioned it to SAs multiple times. They would say, they clean the switches or re-program them.
    I still face it. In fact some times go frustrated. Is the behaviour because of faulty steering switches or some thing else?

7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Adjusting Linea Headlamps

Can anyone suggest how to DIY adjusting headlamps ?
    there were 2 screws for each headlamp ? does anyone knew which one is for high beam and low beam ?
  9. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Screw which is near to the Indicator bulb is for Low Beam and the other is for High Beam.
  10. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Thats wrong. One screw is for height(up-down) adjustment and the other is for left-right adjustment. Low and high beam are adjusted together, you cannot adjust them individually.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014