1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I Have had this issue with the Blue&Me a couple of times and with the USB as well. I use a very old Nokia phone, 5800, but the pairing with B&M is amazing.

But a couple of times the B&M disconnected in the long drive and did not get connected until I stopped and restarted the car.

In case of the USB, the ipod stopped playing in between. Had to pull out the USB and reinsert for it to play.

What might be the problem? An clue?
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Was this the case with Front doors or the rear doors? if it was the rear doors then one probability might be was the Child locks are on. If child locks wasnt On, then an issue with the door locks. The same applies to front doors too. Many a times I have a seen spraying a small amout of WD40 loosens the jammed door locks.
  3. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Hi Krish

I do use the same mobile and during long drives I do have experienced the same problem. What i do is I restart my phone and it gets connected?

Regarding USB I was using a 8GB HP pen drive and it was working well until the first service. After the service I noticed that the USB is not being detected. I tried formatting the pen drive and no success. I took the car to ramkay and they plugged a Sandisk 4GB pen drive and it worked.. I purchased a similar one and now its working fine.

Yesterday when I was listening to music from the pen drive i noticed that my odo was blinking. When I paused the song the blinking stops and when I play again the odo blinks again. Then I pulled over and restarted the car and didn't notice anything abnormal till now.

I really don't know what could be the problem.

4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think since it is a windows software, it requires frequent restarts. Need to check if FIAT has proper diagnosis mechanism for all these. I do not want the service centers to say that its working when in service center and it does not work when it is delivered back to us.
  5. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

It was the case with front as well as rear doors. He himself tried to unlock the front doors. Later on outside guy tried to unlock rear doors from outside.

However doors are working perfect right now without doing anything. No issue faced from long time.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  6. sidd

sidd Amatore

any updates on the issue?
  7. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    Naren, Media problem can be caused bez of following problem - this happened once for me while i am playing from USB. Not sure if this happens on Radio / CD too.

1. Format the pen drive - Clear off all the Password exe / setup you get along with branded drive these days.
    2. Try using different pen drive.
    3. AFAIK there couldn't be any loose connection in HU - Only connection could be btw the USB and USB port - Culprit pen drive it self.

8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    The issue has cropped up in my car as well - the driver side power window has stopped working. Has anyone managed to do a DIY fixing of the issue? If yes, please share. No service center around anymore :mad:
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks for the detailed post desigan... even my car has the same problem of passenger side window now coming up..... as i m not at home, asked my parents to check it with a mechanic nearby home, he made it work for now, but told the relay is a problem, if it comes again, will have to change the relay ..i couldnt find out what the relay is ,for the power window !! so getting ready to lose arnd 10k this year !! :(
  10. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    If the issue is the relay should not cost a lot. Would be good idea to go for direct replacement if the root cause is found to be the relay.
    You could check the price in this URL
    Fiat Grande Punto: P/W ECU, Relay, Fusebox, Fuses

<dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 17px; background-color: rgb(244, 249, 234);"><label style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-weight: bold;">Relay|</label></dt><dd style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 5px 10px 15px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 17px; background-color: rgb(244, 249, 234);">
    • <input class="change-container-classname checkbox bundle-option-431 " id="bundle-option-431-713" type="checkbox" name="bundle_option[431][]" value="713" style="margin-top: 2px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: middle; color: rgb(47, 47, 47); float: left;"><label for="bundle-option-431-713" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">1 x Relay| 46520422| 11130885 +Rs. 269</label>