1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Boot is not opening by Remote and button provided on dashboard

Dear All,

I have Linea MJH 1.3 2011 Model. Its boot is neither opening by the remote key nor by pressing the boot open button provided on the dash board. I have to insert key in the hole for openinh the boot. To day moroning i opned the boot by remote then closed it. When i reached to office and tried to open from dashboard button as well as from remote i didn't open . however indicator lights flashes twice.

What could be the problem ?
  2. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

^^^ may be a lose connection between the wiring harness (connector) and the actuator.
    Or the linkage between the actuator & the lock mechanism. In both cases it should be fixed easily.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  3. Thanks u sir,

I will try this sunday to fix this problem by my own.. otherwise will go to the service center
  4. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

thanks Naruf1. I took it to the dealer workshop and they got the CD out. Further to that I havent faced any issue
  5. Is this is battery problem or something else???

Dear All,I have Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion (not pack), Its 2.5 years old now. I use it very less as my office is nearby my home. Its odometer reading is 16747 KM.Last time I drove it 5 days before. Today morning when I tried to open my car by pressing remote key it didn't open , indicator lights which normally flashes twice didn't glow at all. I thought might be my remote is not working so I opened the car manually by key. When I inserted the key and turned to start the car nothing happened .car was totally dead .. Music system which normally works even without inserting the key .. Also not working .. Cabin light didn't glow when I opened the door.. Then I checked the battery voltage by multimeter. Multimeter showed 5.2 V .Now my questions are :1) Car is dead because its battery voltage is too low or problem is sothing else??2) Should I changed the battery with new one or continue with this battery after charging it manually from some nearby battery shop. ( My car is 2.5 year old so battery is also 2.5 years old)3) The only indication coming in MID is time .. MID is not showing "Battery low " etc ( I m not sure whether MID actually shows such massage or not when car is dead because of battery problem) Today I can't take leave because some urgent work and tomorrow is election day in Delhi so most of the shops/ service centres will remain closed.If it is a battery problem then is it ok if I take my battery to any nearby local battery shop and get it charged from there or immediately I should buy the new one ? ?
  6. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Linea 1.4
    Looks like a battery issue. If you have a multi-meter you can check the voltage yourself. Since it is 2.5 years old, it may be time to change battery. Usually a dying battery would first give signs like air bag failure, car not unlocking from remote, boot not opening from dashboard button.
  7. Yes boot sometimes opens sometimes not from dashboard buttons . i checked battery voltage its showing 5.2 V only
  8. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Change the battery right away. Given your usage pattern, I doubt if the battery ever went through a good charge-discharge cycle. 5.2 V is way too low for anything to work.

10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Do not change the battery, charge it once from the shop and see if it revives well. Batteries dont come cheap, therefore, if the existing one really has become too weak to revive you can always buy a new one. It's worth trying your luck once atleast.

And you will need to check if there is no electrical leakage, or if something stays on in cabin compartment and keeps drawing current or else the new battery as well will give away in no time. Check the alternator first after the battery is charged or replaced or better still on a spare battery. I think it should show 12.5 to 14 on full load with engine on.
    1 person likes this.